Flange size

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Flange size

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Female
    • Rep. of Ireland

Hi Ladies.

I have a problem with flange sizes. I think my issue is I have massive breasts but small nipples. I’m currently using size 24 but find the funnel part is almost too small for my breasts and when I look at pictures tells me I’m using the wrong size. However if I go up a size the funnel part is perfect but the part the nipple goes into is too big and pulls in a lot of the aerola which is also wrong.

I am currently using the lansinoh double electric pump so whatever I buy needs to be compatible with it.

Is there a flange that is made for large breasts but small nipples?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have the same problem you do. The areola is not supposed to be pulled in but anatomically the entire breast should be stimulated for proper production and milk removal. Manufacturers and engineers don’t seem to give two shits about reengineering pumps either.

Take a look at pumpin pals flanges, they are a bit weird looking, but I’ve found they work better than the standard cone flanges.

Participant
    • Female
    • Rep. of Ireland

@lusciousliz thanks so much I’ll look into that now. Totally agree, there is no forethought put into making flanges

Flowrgardn
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Iowa

look at laktack as well…they have soft, flexible flanges which work much better than the hard plastic ones, provide much better effect. They did not have a good measuring guide however when I was looking, so I had to find that on other pump sites to get the correct size. THe flexible flanges help stimulate more of the breast, not just the nipple and part of the areola.

Flowrgardn
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Iowa

lacteck

Flowrgardn
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Iowa

good things it is almost Friday!

Participant
    • Female
    • Rep. of Ireland

Thank you @Flowrgardn. I’ll look into that too

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi ladies, I do not share your problems but was thinking maybe if you tried using a nipple shield with the larger flange. I know the shields are for inverted nipples but in theory it might work for small nipples too.

Platinum Beauty
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male & Female
    • USA
    • California

+1 to pumpin pals flanges!

Participant
    • Female
    • Rep. of Ireland

Thank you ladies. I’ve ordered the pumpin pals so hopefully that will sort me out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree with the ladies that suggested pumpin pals. I use a pj’s comfort pump and the flanges are all silicone so no issue. However, with my wearable pump I use an insert to keep the issue of the areola getting sucked in from happening.

Participant
    • Female
    • Rep. of Ireland

Thanks April. I ordered pumpin pals yesterday and arrived today. I did the quiz so ordered small but I’m think they are too small. It’s so hard to know. I’m 42dd but with small nipples, does small sound right?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Usually pumpin pals comes with a variety of sizes? I would try them and see how they feel. It is difficult to find the correct measurements as every size chart seems a little different so I go based more off of the feeling.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I bought my set of pumpin pals off of eBay and it came with 3 different sizes. That is not typical, the company sells them one size to a pack. I have smallish nipples and for a regular flange I use a 24mm. I do not use the large and extra large. If you want to cover the cost of shipping I’ll send them to you free. I also have various medela flanges that I’ll never use, I can send those also.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for this post and subsequent answers. It’s been very useful for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close