Any experience successfully inducing >50

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Any experience successfully inducing >50

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Joan
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Wisconsin

Hi. 53F, attempting relactation. I may be past my expiration date, but am giving it the college try. I did nurse a baby years ago (great producer) but that was then and a different scenario. Current using a combination of manual expression, suckling, pumping and tens. I do have DOMPERIDONE ordered but it coukd take 6 weeks to get delivered. Any experience, good bad or indifferent relacating after age 50? Thank you for any insights.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Be cateful with the dom. I will really pack the pounds on and can have serious sde effects for your heart

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry poor typing skills iT will really cause serious weight gain

Joan
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Wisconsin

Thank you BEA for the post. This is good and important information. I am not interested in anything that causes weight gain as this part of life is already a shit show with managing a healthy weight. Appreciate the insights.

Nick
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • New York

Joan, there is no expiration date for lactation.

Yvonne
    Participant
    • Female
    • Australia

Joan, what I read is that there is no age limit on inducing and actually even men can do it. So don’t give up hope. I am 64yrs old and I haven’t given up. I don’t want to put weight on, but just have to be careful of what you eat. I have been on Dom for 2 months now, and haven’t put any weight on. Good luck

Joan
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Wisconsin

Thank you for the feedback Yvonne. It is appreciated.

Matt
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • United Kingdom

I joan, I managed to help a friend who is 51 to induce lactation. She has never had Children but wanted to experience it. Donr with pumping and suckling only 😀

Joan
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Wisconsin

Thank you Matt for the information. It is appreciated.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Relacted at 54- with all you do… DO NOT STOP nor GIVE UP!! I remember seeing my first tiny drop and gradually increasing. Volume isn’t as much as I’d like, but no partner. Once he comes along I’ll be flowing REAL good. Just keep at it!!

SomethingReal
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male & Female
    • USA
    • California

Hey! I’m 46 and have had no problems re-inducing. I had theee babies that I nursed for a long time, but that was years ago. Domperidone has been key in my success. I think having positive outlook is also key! I’ve never gained weight on Domperidone and although it takes a while to arrive (idk if you ordered from inhouse or not) it’s worth it. I pumped for two months before I took Dom making sure I was ready mentally to lactate and it was getting there. It was then that I started taking it. I have also had success with oatmeal daily. Don’t give up. I don’t see why it won’t happen. Once you’re producing it’s your mental state that may change. For me I get all those great endorphins going and I just feel so happy. It’s a lonely existence pumping daily and making lots of milk that is wasted. Right now I am not pumping daily so my milk is just an ounce or two when I manually pump. I feel so blessed to be able to lactate and it’s been over two years now. If you have any questions, I’m open to talking about it!

Joan
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Wisconsin

Thanks for the information. I have opted not to use Dom, it’s not the right choice for me but I will stay the course and hope for the best. I appreciate your insights.

Joan
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Wisconsin

Thanks for the information and insight. I appreciate it.

Effervescent1
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • California

The dangers associated with domperidone and longQT syndrome were only in elderly populations that were on very high doses. That is the reason the US FDA decided not to approve it for general use. However, Dom is approved in most other countries, and is even available over the counter, in many countries. Subsequent studies, particularly one done in Australia, have show dom to be safe. It can even be purchased from compounding pharmacies in the US with a prescription. Unless you have a problem with heart arrhythmias or are taking very high doses, I would not be so concerned about the safety of this medication that is widely used throughout the world.
    My recommendation would be to start with the name brand Motillium to begin inducing, and then you can switch to some of the generics. Some people report less production on the generics.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What dosage are you talking about? What is considered too high? Hope you don’t mind me asking. I am taking the generic brand of Vomistop 10mg 3x 3tablet/day. No news yet though, not even a drop. Have been taking them for over a month now plus supplements

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close