Voice-chat testers, volunteers required

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Voice-chat testers, volunteers required

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Had a nice voice chat with Professor Plum. After we worked out a problem on my end. Both on computer. Both in US. Was clear and did not drop call.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Had a chat with Miss Scarlett, Rachel, and Mrs Peacock. All went well with no issues. My only issue I have is the microphone symbol for unmuted and muted is very misleading. If you don’t touch the symbol you are fine but one could easily think there microphone is muted cause of the line going through the microphone symbol but that really means you are unmuted which is a bit confusing.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Should’ve added I was on computer for all 3 interactions. I believe phone will work just as well though as I’ve now tested both.

Had a nice chat with Rachel today. Lasted 16 minutes very clear no dropped calls. Both on cell phones

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • United Kingdom

Thanks Prof, I thought the line through mic meant “mic is now off” and no line meant “mic is now on” …strange

Chat with Professor Plum went well. First time using chat and The microphone button is a little confusing as it looks like it’s muted when it’s not. Other than that voice quality was good no distortion.

I’m using Google Chrome on my iPhone and when the phone screen goes dark you’re automatically muted. I’m not sure if you can override that.
    Chatted for under 5 minutes.
    Call dropped when I accidentally hit the back button on the browser, which is expected. Both users were able to initiate the call.

Call with Miss Peacock went well. Using Chrome on iPhone we spoke for 16 minutes. Never disconnected. Good sound quality. No distortion. I noticed the sound breaking up around minute six but it worked itself out. I initiated the call.

Failed call with Col. Mustard. Neither of us could hear anything, I was using my phone again..Mustard thinks the issue for him is to do with the tech his is using.

Made chat contact with Miss Scarlett. Clicked on blue phone icon, nothing happened. Heard ring from Miss Scarlett, clicked on green phone, nothing happened. Clicked on mic with line, nothing happened. I have not made voice chat with any of the testers. Apparent equipment problem on my end. No point in trying with any other testers.
    HP laptop, Windows 10, Firefox, landline on Wifi.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Thanks guys, these “failed” attempts are really just as important to know about as the successes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

How’s the voice chat feature going ?

Are we still working on this project? I haven’t seen any of the other testers, Clue or Friends, online in several days. Perhaps I have just been missing them?

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Hi Annie & Mrs White,I will ask for a few more volunteers this weekend, should get people actively testing again I hope.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Had a 30 minute voice chat with “Rachel from Friends” …sound quality was fine but the connection would drop every few minutes, we had to reconnect at least 5 times. I was using Android tablet, Chrome browser.

tom coleman
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Male & Female
    • USA
    • Louisiana

I think it is wonderful that all of you are helping the Administrator out so effectively and articulating your problems so well that even not a particularly savvy layman can understand what you were talking about, and yes, I, too thought that the person whose microphone didn’t work should check his browser settings. I know that Chrome browser under settings/site settings/microphone/customized behavior you might want to physically enter this site under /customized behavior
    “Allowed To Use Your Microphone”, and then check that little arrow next to the trash can for that item, open it up, and check all the settings making sure it says microphone is available.

Administrator, I noticed that you did take a look at Chromebooks with the Chrome O.S. I have a chromebook if you want to see how it works on that, let me know.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close