Voice-chat testers, volunteers required

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Voice-chat testers, volunteers required

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • United Kingdom

Still trying to test the voice-chat. Have spoken to a few friends this week, sometimes works, sometimes not.

But it’s difficult to know if it’s a general problem, or simply my devices (Android phone / tablet / Windows PC) which is the issue.

Would anyone like to help out? I will create a few anonymous test-accounts for people to log into, you can try calling each other on your various devices, phones, computers etc, we can then get a better idea of what works and what doesn’t work.

Any volunteers? Men or women is irrelevant, the idea is just to test the system, say a quick “Hello!” and that’s it. Post your results below anonymously using the test account.

Anyone interested, PM me please.

– – – – – – – – – –

UPDATE: Great, we now have six volunteers, three guys & three women. I have created six anonymous test accounts for you to log into, you will all be allocated one, plus the login details & password. For a bit of fun they’re named after the characters from the “Clue” game (that’s Cluedo in the UK) …you know, Colonel Mustard, Miss Scarlett etc. All accounts are “friended” with all others, so you can use the voice-chat.

So whenever you have time, log into your test account and message the others (in the Friends list) to arrange a voice-chat. No rush, no time frame, just whenever you feel like it. I just want to know which devices work, which don’t, which browsers etc. Just a quick “Hello” is fine, or if you have a long conversation, totally up to you. The aim is to test it out! Guys please call other guys too, as much testing as possible please.

Post results below from your test-account, ideally include device & browser info. I need to know if you used Android phone or tablet, iPhone, iPad, computer, and if the browser was Chrome or Firefox or Safari etc. Failures are just as important as successes, we need to know what doesn’t work too!

Note: if anyone else wants to join in with this anonymous testing, just PM me. I will add new testers on an equal male/female basis. Might be fun!

Just tested voice chat. Connection was quick and clear.
    Great work by Admin to add this features to site.
    👍👍

Just did my first voice-chat test with @green. He called from his cell phone in NY and I answered on my PC with Chrome in CA. The call lasted 1:06 The sound quality was good, I heard only a slight distortion for a brief second. Otherwise, it worked perfectly.

Tested with Prof Plum. It was ok after initial glitch. Tested pc to phone and phone to phone.
    This will work good once people get a hang of it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Test with reverend went well when we were both on phone. When I was on my computer our call crashed twice at the 2 minute 30 second mark. May just be a connection issue on my end. Will test with others tomorrow.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

This is great, please keep these reports coming. It’s very helpful, I can get the software developer to look at all these comments and maybe improve the system.

Tried voice chat with colonel mustard. He was on computer. Connecting was quick but no sound. I was on cell phone.

Made chat contact with Mrs. Peacock. Phone icon did not work for me. Heard Mr. Peacock’s ring 3 times and answered each time. No contact.
    I am using HP laptop, Windows 10, Firefox. landline on WiFi.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Note to testers: when you initiate the call, you are shown 3 icons: green & red phones to start / stop the call …plus a microphone icon. The microphone always starts with a line through it, muted, so tap/click that icon to remove the line and activate the microphone. If the line will not disappear it means your device/computer is preventing access to the microphone so you’ll need to look in the Settings on your device/computer to rectify that.

Made chat contact with Prof. Plum. Same experience as with Mrs. Peacock. Phone icon is visible but does not work for me. Heard Plum’s calls and answered, but no contact. Microphone icon had line through it that I could not remove. Same as with Mrs. Peacock.
    I don’t know how to resolve that on my HP laptop.

I made a successful chat with a friend on my regular account a few days ago. Made no changes to my laptop since then. Any technical difference between the Clue accounts and regular accounts?

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Colonel, no difference between regular account & testing account. It’s tricky isn’t it? Same for me, sometimes works, sometimes not. Maybe try using a mobile device, if you have one?

Made several attempts to call @mustard in Florida with both my PC running Chrome and my iPhone, from California. Was not able to hear him and never made contact. He advised that the problem was on his end with the mic being blocked. However, my mic also shows a line through it and it still works fine. I advised him that it could possibly be a setting on his laptop.

Made chat contact with Mrs. White. Clicked on the phone icon, nothing happened. She called me several times but clicking on green phone did nothing. Mic icon has a line through it that I can’t remove.
    HP laptop, Windows 10, Firefox, landline phone on WiFi.

Tried a call with Mrs Peacock. She heard me, but all I could hear was faint crackling. I am using chrome browser on a (fairly new) android phone. She tried both her phone and lap top…no joy!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close