I just gotta ask

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion I just gotta ask

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, Greg! Relax there! I never said it bothered me. In fact, I said it was highly entertaining.

Sorry if my question of curiosity set you off, but there was no hate here.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I take it as Jessica does. It’s a display of what is being offered. I admit, while I find it funny, it doesn’t really entice me, because I’m interested in the person, not their mouth.

But I do laugh, so that’s always a plus! 😀

Gil
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • California

Eyes, lips and a smile are the windows to the soul!

Jessa The Magical A cup🐰❤️
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Virginia

I prefer anything than the avatars that was randomly selected except for tounge pics. I like something to show off the person ot part of their personality

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Jessa – yeah, those shape faces are really a no go for me. If you can’t even be bothered to change those to something else, 🤷‍♀️ Not to mention 7 out of 10 look angry.

Ms.Spicy 🌶️
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Massachusetts

I just have to ask, why do women have breast pics in the first place? This has been a question that I haven’t asked but has been in my mind a lot. We women say that we want a lot of things from our prospective partners but it seems to start with the physical because we tend to have pictures on our profile or in our media which seems to indicate that we are attractive……I am going to remove my pictures from my profile as a test. Wish me luck 🍀

Anonymous
    Inactive

@sind definitely an interesting experiment to undertake. I’ve had some similar conversations regards this subject, where ladies have stated a preference to not share pictures of their boobs publicly, preferring to only share once a rapport is made. The results were pretty much as expected, messaging decreased massively once pics removed. I suppose it remains a fact that visual attraction is hard wired into males?!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jessica….well said. Michael…..you chicken….lol Just teasing.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@lotus 🤣🤣🤣
    Michael’s response was hilarious 😂😂😂

Anonymous
    Inactive

.. interesting.. if most women profiles are picture of their breasts what do you suggest men should have as their profile picture?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@almondmilkownly – You know, I always felt that the profile pic was to be used as a form of self expression. I really liked back in the day the way LiveJournal would let you pick from a number of pictures to express yourself or further help your comment. I always thought that was a great way to use a profile pic! It gave a lot more freedom.

Now we are stuck with one single image to use, which is very limiting and requires interpretation.

I am a modest person, particularly with my looks and body. Over my lifetime, ive probably taken less than 30 selfies. I suffer from a form of body dysmorphia, so no picture ever looks correct and often makes me deal with negative emotions and reactions. So when someone even asks me for a picture, it is not something I can easily fulfill. If you’re a “visual” person, well…I guess I’m going to constantly get passed over for that. 🤷‍♀️

People should put what they want in their profiles that they are comfortable with. My question wasn’t a judgement call. It was truly a question of curiousity. When I see a trend happen, I often want to know why, what inspired it, or what was the thinking behind it. In this case, what better way to find out than to directly ask? That was really all this was. 😁

Ms.Spicy 🌶️
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Massachusetts

Reply to Foxy’s message above about pictures.

Disclaimer – I don’t know if I have any body dysmorphia.

I have what I call for now the image in the mirror/self image/over analyzing of one’s outside image/self consciousness.

In my limited opinion (not being a clinical expert) what I have is a self image perception that unfortunately in today’s society is not limited to any age or gender. No matter how many people have said that my big bust is beautiful I tend to think that I need to reduce the size. Similarly with my hips.

So there is a lot of common ground between men and women because men also have to deal with these body image perceptions. Everyone deals with these things differently but we as humans are used to comparing ourselves with others and that seems to be one of the reasons why the fashion and beauty industries makes so much money every year.

Any thoughts?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@sind – That is my issue too. I’m completely okay with what I see in the mirror. That doesn’t cause me any issues. Any photograph though just sets me off.

I don’t compare myself to others. I used to do that and eventually I just decided either a person is going to like the way I am, or they aren’t and that isn’t an issue I need to concern myself with because it has nothing to do with me. It took a while to get there, but I was glad I did.

That doesn’t mean I think I’m attractive. I never think that of myself, but I also don’t beat myself over the head with that feeling either. (Though…it’d be nice to hear from those who have actually seen me, even if they are friends. I can’t remember the last time anyone honestly said they thought I am pretty/adorable/attractive. It’s been at least 7 years if not more…)

I have the unique perspective that while I appreciate the way others look, I don’t feel any sexual atousal or interest in that. I have types I like in the way of physical looks, but that is not anywhere near a priority for me for a partner.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Besides the face, What would be your preferred profile picture to see?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I answered this in previous comments 😁

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close