a little venting here

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion a little venting here

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    MRT
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Oregon

The only problem with that Sophie is Texting is probably the poorest form of communication ..There is no way of really gauging a person unless you meet them ..A major issue in this electronic age ..Probably costing many relationships that were probably perfect except for a text.

Thank you for your insight

MRT
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Oregon

Thank you Brittany for your insight

oxwood
    Participant
    • Male
    • Denmark

Of course meeting someone irl is very different from texting however texting can certainly give you an idea if it is worth making the effort to meet that person.

Sometimes people feel obligated to reply even when they are don’t feel the connection, blocking gives an easy out. It doesn’t feel nice to be cut off, but nobody is entitled to a conversation and it’s always better to know sooner rather than later if the other isn’t feeling it so the time and feeling waste is minimal.

Brittany
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Florida

I agree that texting (messaging programs or especially over “mobile devices”) is the single WORST form of communication EVER invented. Smoke signals are better! ANY form of communication is better.

It’s true that texting is responsible for more mis-communication than any other form. It SUCKS. It’s almost cursed.

I believe the more analog the form of communication is, the better… and of course, there’s nothing more analog than face to face!

MRT
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Oregon

So true Brittany. I remember when cell phones didn’t even exist. Meeting people actually existed

Brittany
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Florida

Exactly, MRT. People were more AWARE that we HAVE to have DEVELOPED and effective social skills in order to function as people. We’re social, whether that’s liked by anyone or not. Humanity is NOT used to this “digital world” that’s been created around us so recently. It’s not healthy for us in how most of us are using it, especially in regards to this social media stuff. Many ppl these days are still wondering why they’re really not as functional as previous generations… and can’t figure it out! LOL! They do the same things over and over again, expecting a different result each time. SMH -Sad state we’re in.

I’ve been thinking about your initial post, MRT, and I must tell you that if you had not spoken to the female in question over the phone previously, you shouldn’t have taken the expectation of meeting her in reality very seriously at all.

Big picture: The healthiest way to success in this would be moving from 100% digital to 100% analog (face to face), righ? NORMAL phone conversation (not just jumping the gun straight to phonesexxx) is an important middle step that if it’s not taken as part of the connection process, shows an unhealthy dynamic -even of a weird and unnatural dis-trust (that’s unhealthy for ANY relationship). It takes time and effort to get to know others and I wouldn’t even think of actually meeting ANYONE without getting to know them over the phone first.

The phone is a step that shows trust. Blocking is no longer as easy (although easy enough with today’s smartphones). Everyone talks about “closeness”, “bonding”, etc and no TRUST? It’s a synonym, for pete’s sake!! No strings? What do you think bonds ARE? Many don’t even want to admit to themselves they’re desperately seeking LOVE, TRUST, ACCEPTANCE, BONDS and all kinds of other REAL goodness that today’s world is all but DEVOID of! Many humans today are literally STARVING in this realm.

Again, I wouldn’t assume you were actually close to the stage of meeting up with her the next day if you guys weren’t talking on the phone first.

MRT
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Oregon

I did not talk to her over the phone we were using private messaging and made plans to meet for coffee the following day then. Blocked. no explanation. I didn’t see it till I went to ask where she wanted to meet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can always, Skype, Zoom, Facetime or other live stream video chat, if you want to see that person and talk to them live, if not that then use the phone that way you can get a real feel, a lot of people are just looking at some pictures and a lot of the times the pictures aren’t really showing you anything (amazing what a picture of just boobs or cleavage will do) then if you looked at them in the entirety using the video chat you realize there is no physical attraction. or you use the phone and make the call and you realize this person sounds a little off kilter or their voice is irritating, or whatever, now you have a idea to decide to go forward with the meeting or not or just block them.
    Too many people just play themselves and don’t use due diligence, then complain when they get cut off, it may sound cruel but no one is obligated to give you a reason why they cut you off, so don’t take it personal.
    Sometimes they are just catfishing people and never have any intentions of ever meeting anyone.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close