9000 members …. tomorrow

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion 9000 members …. tomorrow

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • United Kingdom

Tomorrow we’ll cross the 9000 total members mark – of course most are not really active on the site anymore, so it’s not such a big deal.

More important is that we get 850-900 individual logged-in members visiting the site every day, plus over 600 referrals from Google searchers etc. every day.

But what about quality over quantity? Hmmm. There’s an old saying, “Quantity sometimes has a quality all of its own.” And there’s really little I can do – little anyone can do – with a site like this other than try to build the userbase as big as possible …and then hope for the best for everybody.

So keep your hopes up! ABFheaven is at least twice as busy as it was a year ago. Sooner or later, someone close to you could easily stumble across this site, that’s all it takes.

Cheers and good luck!

curlycow
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Pennsylvania

keep doing the great work michael.

Karamel Latte
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • United Kingdom

Congratulations 🥳

Rob
    Participant
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

We have you to thank for making this site happen at all, Michael. It’s by far the best I’ve stumbled across over the years, and it’s certainly encouraging that more and more people are joining. Even without those who are no longer really active, or the no-gos who pop up now and then, it shouldn’t be too long before we cross the 1,000 mark.

All I can say is, a zillion thanks for all the hard work you’ve done, and keep it up.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not trying to put to much of a downer on those figures & the success of this site – only what percentage of those members haven’t visited here in say 6mnths / 1yr or more.
    There are probably 50% or more dead or dormant accounts that just add to the total No.
    as the site is due an upgrade to cope with how many do use the site daily ( Yes I know you’re in the process of doing this Michael 👍🏻) Perhaps there could be an area for dormant accounts that aren’t used after say 3-6mnths & if used again they come back into the active accounts.
    Just my thoughts .
    And the more active accounts the Better especially female as we men vastly out number them.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Thanks T, very good points. The overall total isn’t really important, just “active usage”. Once the site’s hosting is improved, I will probably simply delete all dormant accounts, say, which have been inactive for a year. That will reduce the numbers down significantly to a more honest total.

Nick
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

Congratulations Michael.
    Next milestone of 10,000 members soon….

Pelsu
    Participant
    • Male
    • Other Country

Thank you very much Michael for the excellent work and effort you have made. I’m very grateful to you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

With all sites they like to show total signups as their member count, it shows to people that the site is active (not really but those that aren’t members don’t know if the profiles are actually active) this helps those leaning on the fence to join, since many people won’t join if they don’t see a lot of profiles, it’s like when you’re looking for people in your area, a lot of guest to a site may look in their area and see few or no members so they don’t join the site, but if everyone would just of joined the site there would be many more people showing up in the different areas, most people won’t signup if they don’t see people already there in their area, which is why on some sites they use thousands of fake profiles to prepopulate the site showing people spread out in every locale, Ashley Madison was/is infamous for that. people see all these profiles and join thinking there are tons of people in their area.

So to summarize if you remove the inactive profiles it may cause you to lose potential new members since it will depopulate the site showing fewer people in each area. and those people looking for a lot of site members may decide the site is not active enough for them to join, it’s a balancing act indeed.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Michael , Those of us here & using the site it is the active No.s that are important.

As Mooncake states total Amount of People who have signed at at some point Might be a factor in attracting some to join.
    If the accounts are dummy / inactive they’ll soon know & as it’s a free site will they stay ?
    Even if it was a paid for site they might pay once & then leave. Great for Michael’s bank balance just not much help to the rest of us on here.

I think we all know this ABF/ANR is a small percentage of population, joining a site with inflated No.s I’d certainly question how many we’re actually live accounts.

Still it’s Your site Michael & you do what you think is Best. 👍🏻

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

T, thanks. Mooncake’s point about potential new members being initially attracted, to an extent, by raw numbers and even inactive members in their area acting as an incentive …it’s a pretty valid point.

However, in the case of this site, maybe not. Non-members cannot view profiles & can not use the Search to see how many members are currently in their area or indeed overall total numbers. All they can see are the Forums & lists of Recent Site Visitors etc, to get a “general impression” of how busy this site is. Before they join, they simply don’t know exactly. Nonetheless, we get 10-20 new sign-ups each day. So I’m happy, generally, with the way things are.

JenniferM
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Tennessee

Michael,

Thanks for your efforts to build the site.

As a female looking for the “real deal,” I find that total numbers aren’t super important, but active genuine people are.

It is difficult enough to find a group, let alone anyone active there.

ANR is a small group really, though many have jumped onto it as a “novelty kink,” so while there’s no guarantee of authenticity of those here (the quality vs quantity), having a venue TO search, provides a means for those who are looking!

That venue wouldn’t be possible, in this case, without your efforts and commitment.

So for everyone who has been here, is now or will be in the future, hoping to actually find someone to experience a relationship with, Thanks so much!!

Jenni

Anonymous
    Inactive

Now there is the second part of the equation called member retention, do they come back after the initial signup, do they cancel their memberships, most people don’t cancel memberships, they usually just don’t come back, so you get many inactive profiles, you may want as a site owner to get those inactive people to return to a active state depended on the site model, while with paid sites, this is a very important part for them, to make inactive to active members again and convert them to paid memberships, for free sites it may not be a major incentive to get inactive members to become active again.

So for free sites or any type of site where you can’t tell the member count before sign up, once you delete the inactive members those new people signing up see once they signup that there isn’t as many people around they just don’t return and go inactive, and the circle continues when you delete those now inactive profiles in a few months.

All sites have to find what works best for them, does having inactive profiles cause more people to leave the site than to have them stay, or is it felt as more a a nuisance to active members, the hardcore active people aren’t going to leave because of the inactive profiles. but may leave if they don’t see new member opportunities.

I only know of one other ANR/ABF site that did this several years ago, they removed over 60% of their profiles they dropped from over I believe around 16,000+ members at the time, don’t know if they ever fully recovered, but I do know their female member profile count when from thousands to less than 500, since they were a paid site they took a really big hit retaining new signups or converting new signup to paid memberships once people didn’t see many if any people in their respective areas. what it boils down to is does it benefit more to have them than to remove them.

Even Facebook and Twitter doesn’t remove inactive profiles on their own, seen profiles of people that have been dead for years on them.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Mooncake, this isn’t a huge issue, requiring endless analysis. What matters is that this is a BUSY website. And that’s very, very clear to anyone who so much as glances at it. If I was looking for a site to join, I’d pick this one. All day long, without a doubt.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close