Would you like to contribute to a TV documentary about ABF/ANR?

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Would you like to contribute to a TV documentary about ABF/ANR?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • United Kingdom

A few days ago I was contacted via email by a UK based television production company. They are looking at producing a documentary about ABF/ANR and are reaching out to any members of the community who might want to contribute in any way – opinions, experiences, etc. All communication will, of course, be in strictest confidence.

I have looked into the company itself, they are a 100% professional & respected producer of content for mainstream UK television.

So, they have asked me to post the info below. If you are interested, get in touch with them. If you are not interested, then don’t worry: ABFheaven is a 100% private website, and of course no info would ever be shared with any other company. For what it’s worth, I probably won’t be contributing anything (I’m too chicken!)

/////////////////////////

Rob
    Participant
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

This documentary sounds like a great idea. Many people are oblivious to ABF/ANR, or they simply misjudge it through lack of understanding. I’ve seen blogs about the topic attracting all kinds of negative feedback. A TV production could go a long way towards cutting down the prejudice, by explaining the facts and resolving myths. It would also make many others aware of ABF, which may considerably increase the size of our community!

I’m thinking about getting in touch, to share what little input I can offer. Michael, do you know if the producers are seeking to interview people who come forward?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Agreed that it can be a positive thing. I won’t be contributing. I work in a job where it would be really frowned upon so I’d poop myself about it even if it was anonymous, but good luck to anyone who is happy to speak 😊

Alexandra
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • United Kingdom

I wouldn’t be putting myself forward for it, but good luck to anyone who does. If it gets made and goes to air, I’ll be watching with interest. The myths around adult breastfeeding needs debunking and hopefully this documentary will do this.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

@rob, yes they definitely want to hear from anyone who would like to be interviewed, or even simply to offer your thoughts & opinions. Send them an email, see what happens.

SomethingReal
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male & Female
    • USA
    • California

Yea totally

Rob
    Participant
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Well, I’ve got in contact with them by email, and one of the producers should be calling me on the phone tomorrow, to discuss my personal experience with ABF. She’s reiterated that whatever I share with her shall be kept in strict confidence, so if anyone else from here wishes to contribute, I’d say go for it.

Rob
    Participant
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

I chatted with a producer on the phone, and this was followed by a confidential zoom meeting with her. This was simply to record my previous responses to all her questions, for presentation to the channel who will make the documentary, to relate my own experiences and emphasise that many people are interested in ABF. Nothing of the recorded material will be used in the production itself, so I won’t appear in any way on the TV – my name, face and voice will only be known to the production staff, allowing me to contribute towards this documentary without any subsequent invasion of my privacy.

I’m looking forward to seeing this production once it’s completed. It’ll be interesting to see people reactions to the concept of ABF, and hopefully some of the misconceptions or prejudice of it may begin to disappear. At the very least, it’ll make others aware, and so attract more people to join our community.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Just to say, I have spoken on the phone myself a couple of times with the female researcher for this production company, just background info about this website, when it was started, how busy it is, etc. I found her to be absolutely sympathetic & very easy to chat to. I would definitely recommend anyone to get in touch with her if you feel you have anything to contribute to the documentary project.

I have given permission for her to create an account here on ABFheaven, but if anyone wants to get in touch then please use her email address.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Everyone

Firstly I would like to say thank you so much for everyone that has taken the time to share their stories with us. It has been a huge help with our research, and your assistance is greatly appreciated.

To update you all, we have now finished the initial research stages for the programme, and are awaiting thoughts from the channel on the way that they want to proceed with the programme. I look forward to speaking with you all again, as soon as we get the go ahead for the full production.

David
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • California

I look forward to seeing this.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Everyone

Just a quick update, we have now been given the go ahead to move into full production of our ABF/ANR documentary, for a major UK broadcaster, which is great news.

I’d like to thank everyone that has so far shared their experiences and given us their time, and we would love to speak to any other UK based individuals or couples who would be keen to share their stories.

All calls with producers are strictly confidential, and you would not be committing to be in the programme at this stage, but it would be great to understand your experiences, and you can contact me directly on [Edited by Admin]

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close