Why Ask for Photos?

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Why Ask for Photos?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Candee
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male & Female
    • USA
    • California

Hello everyone,

Haven’t been on here for long but the journey to find a compatible ABF/ANR partner has been interesting. Curious to know why do people ask for photos? Particularly in this time and age where we have video conference and video chat. I don’t send photos and I personally don’t request photos because they serve no purpose for me. Nevertheless, I’ve notice every guy I’ve encountered has requested a photo. Why? I want to give people the benefit of doubt and not assume they are out here collecting women photos to get their rocks off but who knows? Once you hit send it’s practically out of your hands how the recipient chooses to use your image.

Any thoughts?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I didn’t ask for any photos in my message to you 😊 pity you didn’t even reply though

Grogman 🚀⚡️❄️
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Ohio

I like to see whom I chat with. Any talk of photos would wait until after multiple chats.

Effervescent1
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • California

Some people like to move at different paces. Also, not everyone immediately jumps to a platform where video calls are possible, so a photo would be the only option.

Anonymous
    Inactive

👍🏽

Treasure Chest
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Texas

I like to exchange photos after 1. two or three healthy texting chats where it seems vibes are good! which leads to 2. a voice call in the chat. After those successful connections I am good with photo exchange. However, I do not give photos after one sentence or paragraph from someone new to my inbox.
    Personally, I see no need to exchange photos with someone I’m just “talking” with, such as an international gentleman who I will most likely never meet. Photos are for someone I intend to meet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Theres no point in it if you arent going to meet. Just talking no point. And lots just want them for the reason Candee mentioned.

New in nj
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • New Jersey

I like to see a face photo. No sense in talking with the goal of meeting if you don’t find each other visually attractive.

The Other Tom
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Nevada

I don’t want a woman to think I am a photo collector, so I’ve never asked for one. If she wants me to have a photo, she’ll send it to me.

Candee
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • California

Hi, Maurice.

Candee
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • California

Hi, Grogman, thank you for sharing. May I ask if the intention is to know who you are talking to or to get to know someone why choose a still image (photo) as oppose to engaging with a live person (via video chat)?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree with NJ. No point in meeting a person who isn’t at least somewhat physically appealing to you.

I’ve also been on the receiving end of it. Talked to a lady, after a couple of introductory messages she asked for my photo, so I sent her a photo (just my face, nothing else), then she stopped replying. I think I even got blocked.

Another woman did the same thing, but at least she said that she won’t meet me because of my beard.

Many people ask for photos from the start, both men and women, to assess if there can be a physical attraction. So saying that it’s just a pervy thing men do makes no sense.

Anonymous
    Inactive

As an introvert, I can confirm that it feels much easier to exchange a couple of photos than to go on a video call without knowing the person well enough 😄

Candee
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • California

Hi New in nj, thank for sharing. Many share the same sentiment about using photos as a tool to gauge physical attractiveness. Yet in my experience many people particularly men are not good photo takers or photogenic so often photos don’t do the person justice. Another thing is photos are static leaving to much open for speculation, assumptions and false expectations (aka catfishing).

Candee
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • California

Hi Leon, thank you for sharing. Claification, in my post I am speaking from my experience speaking to both men and women on this platform. In my experience to date no woman have asked me for a photo but over 90% of the men (except Maurice– Hi Maurice!) have. Again this is my experience, not sure how you interpret my experience as being pushed as some universal truth in which only man engage in such behavior and woman don’t?

May I ask what you do with the photo(s) once you receive it/them? Do you delete them or do they remain store on your device?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close