What’s with Kik?

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion What’s with Kik?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Joe
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • New Jersey

I was very active on kik before I came to the site. Its a great way to talk to someone without giving a number out. You run into good people and bad like on every app or site. It’s just another tool to use in your search.

Ken
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA

Google mail/chat/meet/drive is perfect for me. Nothing on my computer except a browser with private mode. Nothing on my phone except a browser with private mode. I can switch from computer to phone and back (I can type on a computer and I’m abysmal at typing on a phone) and lose nothing.

And I can close my browser and no prying eyes will ever see what was there.

I know I cannot be private to Google, but they aren’t interested in my peccadillos. My wife and children (well, maybe not my son who knows of my interests as he has his own FetLife account and we discuss it) would be too interested, and not in a good way.

Unlike other platforms, I think the Google combination of email (asynchronous), chat (synchronous, real-time typing), meet (synchronous, real-time video), and drive (asynchronous media transfer), all private and protected, can’t be beat. In particular, I have set up private Google Drive folders with each of my correspondents. This allows either of us to put in photographs, audio recordings, videos, essays, whatever, just for the other’s enjoyment and out of the view of others.

Yes, I have put my trust in Google’s privacy and protections to protect me, but I’m willing to do that. And the lack of any fee is great.

I make sure my profile has the suckbuddyk@gmail.com way of contacting me. Also, the user interface editing experience is so much better on Google than on WordPress! I type and I edit a lot!

. . . . . Ken

(I edited this because I forgot to mention the first time about Google Drive)

Nickchrome
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

I’m not really comfortable with the amount of data collection that they do, which is pretty much total. And I don’t trust anything they claim about tour privacy, they.ve been caught lying SO many times about everything.
    But I’m not that naive, you’re not really private from any provider.
    Price we pay for using them. Cost benefit and all.

Treasure Chest
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Texas

The UK community in general seems to be the bees knees 🐝
    I’m liking the sound of the anon phone calls however…can you activate the mic and leave a voicemail in chat, hands free?
    Thats my favorite feature of WhatsApp. I can record a voice message while I drive. Seems small but using that time to catch up with friends is important to me.

Flowrgardn
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Iowa

I have kik, but prefer google chat because I can use it on either my phone or laptop. Kik is limited, for me, to phone only, and I find that limiting.

mn2535
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Texas

Just an fyi, it is possible to use kik on a computer via a phone emulator program. BlueStacks for instance.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close