What’s with Kik?

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion What’s with Kik?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Treasure Chest
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Texas

I see so many accounts linking to their Kik. I don’t have this platform but I’m aware of it being popular amongst the general kink community. What does this app do that so many people are on it?

Personally, I’ve heard of Kik used for very nefarious, dangerous means. When someone has a Kik my first question is Why? And if you want me to download it to talk with you, again I ask, Why?

I don’t have Kik or Snap. If I want to really dig into a convo, I’ll switch over to Google Meet or Chat, then hopefully up to a real phone number. For me, the goal should be to progress out of texting into talking, then talking into video, then video to a real life meet.

Nickchrome
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • New York

I don’t know? But have had MANY people want me to switch over there to chat, almost to the point of I’ll only continue talking with you there. What dangerous, nefarious reasons? And if you don’t mind saying, Why do you prefer Google meet or chat?

Treasure Chest
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Texas

Google because you can have an anon email and there’s everything there…video, audio, chat. No voicemail in chat option, though, like WhatsApp. I do like the chat and phone options here, they are great, but if your phone screen saver comes on the phone call will garble or drop. So I switch to Google if it gets that far.

Kik has been linked to lots of illegal activity, most notably child exploitation. I want to be clear that having Kik doesn’t mean you are a criminal, it just has a sketchy vibe and I really don’t want to be on it.

mn2535
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Texas

Any platform could be used for nefarious purposes if you just put your mind to it. But in seriousness, kik is convenient because all you need is an email address to make an account, meaning that you can for all intents and purposes remain anonymous. True enough that there is a right time and place to use a real phone number, but in these troubled times it pays not to up with an inbox full of junk-mail and scams.

Treasure Chest
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Texas

Is there a community on Kik? Is it like a Facebook? Lots of platforms you only need an email and can be anon. Once again trying to understand the particular draw.

mn2535
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Texas

Since you mention it, yes there are a number of active ANR related groups on kik. But truth be told it was just by chance that a classified ad in my area happened to have a kik link and not any of the alternative platforms. I have a kik account for that simple reason. Once a few people start using it, others have to use it to speak with them. It spreads like a germ.

Way2
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Illinois

I also have a Kik but I’ve only ever used it to message. I’m not sure why that’s the go-to app but that and WhatsApp were ones I’ve been asked to switch too. I mean, Kik has a lot of groups and livestream type content but they’re pretty strict on Terms of Service and they don’t allow nudity or anything like that, I believe.

Treasure Chest
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Texas

Hmmm that makes sense. I’ve heard Kik groups are a thing, so people can chat and still be anon.
    Some BDSM groups use Kik heavily, especially for international members.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I like how you think.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Kik is a handy messaging app that allows you to maintain as much anonymity as you want, plus it has Live Picture options so you can confirm people are who they are. It’s a good middle ground between using this website and using your phone number to text.

Nickchrome
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

Treasure who would your google email be anon to? Google certainly knows who you are they data mine you for everything they can. Curious, I’m not really tec savvy, you may have heard, lol.

Treasure Chest
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Texas

My Gmail would be anon to the person I’m emailing. Of course not to Google they are tracking my every IP click.

Nickchrome
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

LOL, glad I was right about google. Tracking my every IP click is at least what I thought. Didn’t know I could have an anon email to the recipient, but never even thought to look into it, didn’t think anyone would accept anon emails.
    You learn something and all. Thanks Treasure for the info.

Karamel Latte
    Participant
    • Female
    • United Kingdom

Kik is a great alternative to WhatsApp without having to share your phone number. I’m also a member of a great UK ABF/ANR group and have made some great friends. We chat daily and share cool things.

Recently I was introduced to an app called LINE which I’m enjoying as again you don’t need to share your number. Kik is just way more popular.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m in the same group as Karamel and it’s fantastic so it’s what you make of it really.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close