Wet Nursing Legality ?

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Wet Nursing Legality ?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Em
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA

I’m genuinely curious what the laws are regarding this. I did a quick search online and was unable to find any mention of adult breast feeding in statue.

Anyone one know (as a law expert or with links)? I’ve got a morbid fascination and I’m curious what the legal standings are across the world.

Any info would be interesting/appreciated!

Ken
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA

I thought it wouldn’t hurt to ask ChatGPT. There is a new feature to point to a conversation and so I’m trying it for the first time here:

https://chat.openai.com/share/a24de95b-1c75-4c4b-9871-ac2d0779e3ee

As usual, ChatGPT isn’t being specific and really one doesn’t learn anything from what it says.

Em
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA

Great idea! I use GPT all the time. I should have asked that. Good to know it isn’t explicitly prohibited. I always wonder when I see abr wet nurse posts and I worry for people — is it more like professional cuddling or professional prostitution? 🤔

Nick
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

Shhhhhh….🤫
    Don’t ask too many questions. If ANR would be put with LBGT or likes, then we would be in trouble!!!!

Found the 1. The only one.
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Michigan

I’ve never seen anything legal that references adult breastfeeding.

If money changed hands, that may be a different story depending on location.

Agent Rose
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Oregon

I ran into this on the Lactation Station podcast:

Grogman 🚀⚡️❄️
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Ohio

@roseknows very informative Rose. I’ll have to listen to the other episodes.
    Her set up is how a professional masseuse handles things. Sounds like a very therapeutic experience.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That would depend largely on whether or not there is any exchange of money

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m pretty sure it’s legal in most places, as long as no money is involved. I was surprised to be told by another member here that it’s not illegal in the UK to charge for nursing sessions, wet or dry! But I was informed that it is illegal to sell breast milk.

Aside from legality, I’m concerned about the health implications. I don’t want to start a debate about vaccinations, but that’s one thing to consider whether you’re pro or anti. Infection is another concern, HIV amongst other things can be transmitted through breast milk, and I take medications that can be found in trace amounts in breast milk.

Sam
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Texas

I read a book about HIV and AIDS and it said very definitely that HIV is not spread from breast milk. The anitbodies in breast milk are so high and active that it is safe for anyone to drink. The virus can’t seem to survive in breast milk. There may have been other reasons for the body shielding the milk supply from infection but I that is the one I remember. I remember because I was shocked. Many of the studies were taken from people in Africa because there was such a larger population of infected people there.

Welshie🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • United Kingdom

HIV can definitely be passed on via breast milk. It’s only safe in women who are on anti-retroviral treatment and have a undetectable viral load because of this. I’m currently studying this subject in college and one of the major issues around HIV at the moment is misinformation that’s spread by people who don’t have a full grasp of the situation.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, you’re definitely right about that. Women who are HIV positive often give birth to babies who are free of the virus, only to then pass it on via breast milk. I would be wary of the source of information that advised otherwise, probably a pharmaceutical company wanting more people dependent on their drugs.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close