“Verified Member” blue checkmarks, what are they & how to get one?

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion “Verified Member” blue checkmarks, what are they & how to get one?

• This topic has 30 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by ..
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Female
    • Rep. of Ireland

@anrhouseboy I’m not sure why your getting on your high horse, your not been asked to contribute nor will it affect you one way or another. Most people who have them are people who previously donated to the site because we love and enjoy the site and realise the time, work and money that goes into creating it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dont want to verified. Dont do it. I know that people that do it, appreciate what Michael is doing. I would have NEVER met my dream partner without his help.

Verdant
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Massachusetts

Regarding the previous post, this isn’t a con game by any means. Someone who pays $25 is much less likely to be a scammer. If they misbehave and get their account deleted, it’s another $25 to get verified. Plus Michael may get the person’s real identity with the transaction and can take action if needed against that person.

He’s written a post here explaining what “verification” on this site means. He’s not misrepresenting that he is actually verifying people’s identities.

The voice feature has also been shown to work. He mentioned using it for scammers who pretend to be a different gender than they are and they invariably refuse to do a voice message. I don’t think it’s necessary with the $25 payment, but it’s up to him to decide what criteria he wants.

Facebook? There’s Cambridge Analytica and about a thousand other scandals. They’re monetizing each user for much more than $25, and no one should feel safe with them having your data, including identity. Here it’s optional.

Grogman 🚀⚡️❄️
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Ohio

People are reading way too much into this. It’s a way to share that we(I) have supported this website and that we(I) are human. Beep!!

HighDesertMilk
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • New Mexico

Sit down, delicatessen. You sure got triggered by something that is not personal. At all. Calling us addicted sheep and poor fools is uncalled for.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Seems like someone needs to ask mumma for more pocket money. I’m sure the big influx of badge holders are just those that have contributed to this community over the years.

I’m sure if Michael wanted to profit for shits and giggles it would be way more than a one off 25 dollar 😂

But Michael, if you are scamming your own site, I wanna see some holiday pictures!

Anonymous
    Inactive

You sir best post of the day!

delicatessen
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New Mexico

So to answer my own question: No, this community has no earthy concept of what a “Bill of Goods” is. I notice that point, in particular, was blithely breezed over and set aside by the oh-so virtuous badge-bellied sneetches on the beaches. They’re just a shade more “aware” than the rest of us, don’t you know! 😀

Ah, the worldview of the unawoken narcissist living in their ego. I can’t get enough, can you?

I’m so glad, and so thankful, that I’m nowhere near this stupid! 🙂 That’s what this has all taught me. I’m so thankful, and grateful, that I’m not this gullible. Can you imagnie living your life that way?

What this has taught me is to be so very appreciative of who I am. My mind knows how to avoid idicoy like this. I’m very happy that I’m not some hapless, knee-jerk tail-wagging boot-licker for whatever shiny object is dangled in front of me next.

I’m not triggered, I’m calmly relating the truth to you. But if you view pointing out dishonesty as being “triggered” then you’re likely aligned with dishonesty. You’re likely aligned with said lies, and being a creep and a jerk is something you likely do for sport. As most of you have been to me in this tread, trying to kill the messenger.

I’m trying to show you that you’re being taken advantage of, and I get flamed for being the “bad guy.” I’m sure Mikey is just loving this. He should introduce an entire array of increasingly expensive badges, for his badge-bellied sneetch beach.

Morgan
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male & Female
    • USA
    • Missouri

Most people are choosing to not respond here. Surely, you can see that. Your rant comes across as a desperate need for attention. Validation, if you will (ironically, the crux of your criticism).

The thing is, I supported this site over a year ago. I asked for NO recognition, and Michael could remove my tick and that would be okay as well. Isn’t it enough that he has provided us this platform and works tirelessly for NOTHING? Have you ever run a group or hosted a site? Domains and servers are not free. He’s not asking for much. Heck, I bet each donation barely covers a month of hosting.

Perhaps a bit of self reflection is in order? Start with asking yourself “why this issue is troubling to me?”

michael
    Participant
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

delicatessen it seems you have a problem with how this website is run ?,
    if it bothers you that much you have the option to leave and talking down to and calling people “creeps” and “jerks” is not clever and shows you in a not very appealing light.

HighDesertMilk
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • New Mexico

Thank you delicatessen, for blocking me before we had any kind of interaction, including this thread. You have done me a huge favor 🙏🏼

Morgan
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male & Female
    • USA
    • Missouri

@highdesertmilk, he blocked me too lol. Seems he cannot handle discourse. I consider us both lucky 🤗

Anonymous
    Inactive

@delicatessen I think you’re hung up on the word verified, versus being a donor, I have donated to different organizations before, and was credited as being a donor, not that I was actually verified by them, really it’s the site owner to call it as he sees fit, could of called it Grand Nagus status (for my Star Trek DS9 Fans)if he wanted to, no big deal.

Grogman 🚀⚡️❄️
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Ohio

Wow Morty! Great Star Trek reference. Breastfeeding, the next best thing to an ear massage.😜😂🤣🖖

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not to a Ferengi, they don’t care about breastfeeding, it’s not a big deal I don’t think it even registers as anything to them and far down the list if at all, and since they keep their women naked all the time on their home world, breast are ho hum, but Ear massages along with stroking their ego, that’s like getting a hand job to them with JOI.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close