So discouraged

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion So discouraged

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My wife is getting so discouraged She’s been pumping and using a tens unit for 2 weeks and taking supplements and she may get a few drops when she pumps. I have not gotten anything when I am able to suckle. She is 52 and post menopausal are we trying to make something g happen that just won’t come to fruition?

LatchOn15
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Texas

Inducing takes time, for some it’s quick but for a lot of others it takes time. It’s a journey and not a sprint. Enjoy the time nursing and just stay at it, progress will come but it’s not overnight.

Joe
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New Jersey

It’s different for everyone some women can relactate after a week. Some it takes months. Just have to keep it up it can take some work.

Agent Rose
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Oregon

It took me 6 weeks for my drops. I am perimenopausal at 46. I also had to double my water intake and work on my electrolytes.

Breast massage is super effective as to ensure the milk glands empty. Early on in the game, the pumps cannot do that.

Flowrgardn
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Iowa

Has your wife lactated before with your children? Each woman is different, but a month to six weeks is not unusual at all. How often is she pumping and for how long? Prior lactation helps, but isn’t required. Two weeks is too soon to be expecting results….even 4-6 weeks is fairly quick. It can take longer for some women. I had droplets in 4 weeks with just pumping, no supplements or tens, but had nursed my daughter for 3 years.

Anonymous
    Inactive

In the book the art of lactation they dont recommend pumping. Just sucking or manual massage. The book the art of lactation is very good also she has one 30 days to lactation. They are on amazon or the kindle app. They are by Jennifer Elizabeth maiden shes been in an anr for 15+ yrs. Also good loves sweet embrace. She has written 5 books. Good luck .

Lew Banelis
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Massachusetts

Make sure when she’s pumping to pump no more than 20minutes on each breast. Overstimulation results in the milk ducts shutting down.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close