SITE UPDATE … Private Messages deletion soon …please read ….

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion SITE UPDATE … Private Messages deletion soon …please read ….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • United Kingdom

Since the web-host downtime/crash a week ago (nothing to do with this website) , ABFheaven has suffered very poor page-loading speeds, sometimes taking over 10 seconds or more, very annoying, unacceptable. I might have to move this site (again!) to a different web-host.

In light of this, I will bring forward the planned block-deletion of all Private Messages sent during 2020. This will happen 2 days from now.

So, any message-threads which began earlier than Jan 1st 2021 will be deleted. If the first message in a thread was sent, say, on Dec 31st, then the entire thread will be deleted. This is an automated process, I can’t read any individual messages, one button press and everything beyond a certain date is removed. So if you are having on-going conversations stretching back before January 1st then it’s a good idea to start a new thread with that person now.

This deletion will happen on Wednesday 24th March. I will give a large, visible warning on the front page on the day before.

Ask any questions below, or you can PM me if you prefer. Thanks!

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • United Kingdom

UPDATE: This has now been done, all seems okay.

Tip: if you want your own Private Messages to load faster in the message window, then you might try deleting anything which is old or no longer current. I receive many PMs, all admin related, so this builds up into hundreds. If I reduce this down to just a few then everything loads much quicker.

(To delete a message-thread you click the small “X” on the right side. This simply deletes your visibility of the message, the other person still can see it at their end so if they want to continue with the conversation they can, and the whole message-thread then re-appears at your end.)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close