Should there be a Straight and Lesbian section on this site?

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Should there be a Straight and Lesbian section on this site?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Blckharlemmann
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • New York

This is a honest question no disrespect to the LBGQT community.

For the last two years I have been on this site, it is difficult and very cumbersome to navigate ads created by heterosexual Women and the milieu of ads created by Lesbian Women.

Should there be a section delegated for F4F Women seeking Women. Which may be more convenient and save an allotment of time for those seeking a mate.

However;should we keep things the way they’re In terns of search preferences when creating ads and not sequester the ads that are being created regardless of sexual orientation?

Found the 1. The only one.
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Michigan

You seem to be overly concerned with this subject, having recently posted another similar topic.

Even if there were separate web sites or forums for different interests, you would not necessarily have greater participation for the one you are interested in.

It’s really very simple. All you have to do is focus on what you’re interested in, and ignore the rest.

For me, the ads are the least valuable, but are still pretty easy to look at the title and usually a location is found there.

I’ve found that searching in my specific area (country, state, city) is the easiest way for me to narrow the options down. And all you have to do is look briefly at the profile to know if the individual is someone you might be interested in, or not.

Grogman 🚀⚡️❄️
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Ohio

No

Blckharlemmann
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

@ On to a new one.

Actually you seem at a remiss
    and don’t grasp the gravity of my similar post.

Have you visited the Women Seeking section lately?

I have; and let me tell you it’s been pretty much the same for the last 2 years. There is a over abundance of post which makes it a daunting task to search within the “Women Seeking” section.

Clearly; you’re not comprehending the reason for this post or visited the “Women Seeking” section as of late.

You can’t search ads you’re taking about searching profiles. It would be easier to compartmentalize and see who is making a recent post in search of.

Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Michigan

This is most likely a waste of time, but here goes anyway.

Your assumptions are wrong. I look at the ‘Personal Ads – Women Seeking’ every day or few.

As I said, the ads are easy and quick to look at the title and usually a location and / or gender wanted is found right there.

Right now, of the 15 Women Seeking ads on the first page, 13 of them include both a gender specific and location in the title; you don’t even have to open up the ad.

Once you take the time to look at the ad titles, going back as far as you like, the next time you look, you only have go to the last day you looked at them. This is a one time process. Anything new or with a new reply gets bumped right to the top.

For example right now, the last ad on the first page was updated 6 days, 7 hours ago. I know I’ve been there looking since then, so I don’t need to go back any farther than the first page. This takes me one or two minutes, maybe, to scan the titles and know what’s going on.

Using an approach as I described makes the process of looking through the ads simple and quick, for me at least. Maybe you aren’t finding enough ads that address what you are looking for, I don’t know. Having more specific sections isn’t going to change that.

Whatever.

Bella
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Maryland

To answer the question, No. This question came up before about a different section for the LGBTQ community and it was a no a couple months ago. There also aren’t just cis women and lesbians on the site. Some members have identified as non-binary and transgender. We should be respectful of everyone’s preferences without needing to divide the site.

You actually can search the personals and forum. On the main personal ads and forum page there is a search bar to the right of screen above the three boxes.

Nickchrome
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

I don’t find everyone is listing their preference in the title. Nor their location. And it is therefore a real pain to read almost every posting. Please not I said almost.
    I don’t know if we need a seperate section OR that it would offend anyone. What I would like to see is either a requirement or section that is required to be filled in in the heading indicating location and preference.

Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Michigan

Deleted.

Nickchrome
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

Yes you in your great wisdom and snide condescension have explained how YOU think it is solved. Don’t talk to me like I’m an idiot. And if you’ve “solved it” why do you keep re solving it for us? We heard you and I understand you because you’re not that hard to understand. Despite what you would like to think.
    Would it be SO hard to have a section in posts for preference and location? Really?
    PLEASE feel free to not waste your time solving it for me and anyone else here again. No matter how much you’re tempted by your love of your own words. Really, PLEASE.

Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Michigan

Deleted.

Nickchrome
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

And a look just now at the 1st page shows 7 out of 15 missing some component of the info that would be helpful. No location, no indication what gender/sex they’re looking for or no indication or their gender/sex. For me that’s a lot of reading I could avoid by having that info be provided in the post automatically.
    For me, not you of course On to a new 1.
    By the way almost every other dating or abf site provides this info and everyone seems to survive. Which is a shame because this site is superior in every other way.

Nickchrome
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

On to a new 1, couldn’t resist the love of your own words. Could ya? Or being snide and condescending. Again.

Nickchrome
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

9 out of 15 missing info on page 2. Exagerating?

Blckharlemmann
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

As I stated earlier in brief….

It would be much easier and convenient to meet and confer; if there was a “Women for Women” and a “Women for Men” section on this site.

If you’re old enough to remember; a site called Craigslist they had various categories to make the site easier to navigate.

As to searching profiles. You don’t know if the person is active if he or she is willing to travel and thirdly you would still optimize your allotment of time towards specifically being engaged with Women Seeking a male partner.

This is not about divide or being marginalized its about making the site easier to navigate inorder to meet and confer.

Thank you.

Joe
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New Jersey

It’s really not that complicated. I have had 0 issue navigating the site It’s pretty straightforward I have had no issue browsing the ads most are pretty explanatory on what they’re looking for If you see one that doesn’t apply to you move on to the next 1 It’s that simple. Don’t really know what the big fuss is about.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close