Question for the men on this site.

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Question for the men on this site.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    LondonMan
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • United Kingdom

The 5 minutes I spent writing my profile has so far made no difference 😤

I kid. It at least has given some women something to write about when messaging. But I don’t think it’s made a difference in the amount of messages I’ve received.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@suckbuddyk my profile is almost identical across all sites, though my fetlife profile has way more info. That is because that site is not specific to anyone thing/kink, I also use it for making online and in person friends. So it delves into a lot of my personality and interests. I did say so in the post addressing women, but I’ll say it here also. It is very rare if ever that I will initiate a message with someone that has little to no info on their profile. I will reply to a message from someone with little to no info depending on the content of their message. Like you I feel that if a person cannot be bothered with the minimal effort it takes to fill out a profile they probably will not put much effort into a nursing relationship.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@bash99 it’s nice to see a guy that doesn’t pester. I have had men message me repeatedly on this site, I’ve also had men that I have blocked on one site message me on another. I don’t know why anyone would think that harassment and pestering are good traits.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@clowe the replies have definitely been interesting. Obviously this is not some sort of scientific study that can without a doubt prove anything, but it does seem that the men with complete profiles have had better results. In my opinion, I do think a positive attitude is very helpful, again that’s my opinion.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@itcantgetbetterthanthis I completely agree with you regarding the questions on some of the other sites. Filling them out all I though was “are you kidding me, this is fucking ridiculous”. I would much rather fill in my own info versus playing the 20 questions game.

Dr Sensitive
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • California

This is the only site I’m on at the moment, vanilla included.

I’ve experimented now and then with different profile approaches on vanilla sites. One time I wrote a funny bodice-ripper styled yarn describing our first date to-be. That got a ton of smiles and laughs from amused visitors, but I’m not sure I got any dates from it. After all, could I really compete with my own over-the-top imagination!?

Aside from some other funny experiments, I mostly settled on a just-the-facts approach (boring, right!?). This is not expected to be the most effective in attracting attention (an air of excitement is better for that), but at least visitors might get a fair image of who they are dealing with.

Excessively short profiles give people little to nothing to go on for a reply. Without giving people an opening or two, you can’t completely blame respondents for limping in with “hey” as their response.

But excessively long profiles can be worse. They freak people out, like, “did you forget to take your meds?” Plus, if you got past the “umm, bipolar!?” concern and wanted to reply, where to even start?

So a happy medium is best. Provide boundaries without being negative, and give people clues about what kind of a response would be welcome. A bit of humor can help too. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close