Please help testing new site server set-up

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Please help testing new site server set-up

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • United Kingdom

ABFheaven is moving to a different server set-up …hopefully better! Could you guys help with testing the new set-up by reporting page-loading speeds you are getting? Simply skip between pages (homepage …>….FAQs page …>…My Messages page…>…) etc, and report here how long til the new page loads …under 3 seconds is good …just approximate times is fine.

Herbie
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Tennessee

Looks like about 2 seconds for each to load…

Anonymous
    Inactive

its pretty fast michael. site is definitely getting better! Would be awesome if message strings stayed on though, so if you message someone again you see all the old messages 🙂

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Hi matt, please elaborate. Messages are currently set to allow you to create a new message with a user even if you have an existing thread with that person. It can be set to force continuation of existing thread. Is that what you mean? To avoid multiple threads, to avoid accidentally messaging the same person multiple times?

Grogman 🚀⚡️❄️
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Ohio

Update time is slightly over two seconds over here. Pretty quick.

As far as message strings go, a continued single message string per individual might be nice. I have message someone twice or thrice and then realized what a DA I appear to be. Lol

Jessica
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Indiana

Moves fast from page to page.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m getting roughly 2 seconds, much improved!

Lovinglips4u
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Colorado

Michael, it is the fastest it has been in about 3 Months I would say! Great job!

Nick
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

There is improvements in page loading.
    Don’t know if it is new site related, but couple of videos gives format not supported.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Nick, thanks for the heads up. I always give users total control over their images/videos on ABFheaven, so if they delete their account then all images & videos are automatically deleted. So that’s why a public video can display an error: the user has deleted themself.

I could only find one, if you spot any more, please let me know.

Alvin
    Participant
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Hi Michael,

The pages are taking around two seconds to load so pretty good, and the best this has been for several months, so good job and keep up the good work in maintaining the site 🙂

New in nj
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • New Jersey

Pages are loading very quickly, definitely under three seconds.
    I love the idea of continuation of threads. That would be a time saver for sure.
    Thank you Michael!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close