Ordering pumps & other supply’s from Temu?

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Ordering pumps & other supply’s from Temu?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    CafeAuLatte
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Hawaii

Aloha,
    Has anyone ever ordered some of the breast pumps from Temu? I am wondering if they work well? Or if I shouldn’t bother at all? Wondering if the the USB charged pumps are strong at all?

Also has anyone tried a massager? It’s like a quarter of a large mango, it’s supposed to work for helping to induce
    Lactation.

Seems like it could be a good options.

Anonymous
    Inactive

They get bad reviews in general, not sure about their breast pumps but I would avoid personally.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree. Not everything is created with safe materials. Go with trusted manufacturers. Especially for something for milk

Kat
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Missouri

I am using Spectra 2 now and it is not as strong as my momCozy pump. But, lost some parts when I was waiting for replacement of one of them in process of moving this around, so I only use Spectra now.

MomCozy pump (portable one) is so loud, drives me nuts. It has strong suction, imo.

Spectra that I use is more gentle but it does stimulate my areolas much better, so it maybe better in the end if we look at inducing. Spectra is quieter, much more quieter, the most quiet of all pumps I have.

Bad thing about Spectra is that it comes with one-piece flange part that is no way of replacing (it is one part so can’t remove flange) so you need to buy connector to flanges for Spectra plus silicone flanges for better breast stimulatation. If you don’t mind all plastic,it can be used as it is. I believe they came with 3 sizes: 21mm, 23mm, and 28mm flanges. So, remember you still may need to measure your nipple and see what inserts you need for flanges.

I paid 144 for my Spectra2 (pink one) and the inserts about 10, the flanges and connector (about 40 with tax), so if you find any pump near around 200 when you get all you need in it so you don’t need to buy any additional parts, you may be having something that will last you forever, okay, you may wanna replace just some attachments occasionally. So think of that…

The rechargeable options are great to start with, I tried to induce few times with them and they are really strong. They are loud, however. People will hear it.

I will be making some adjustments in my car to be able to plug in my Spectra2. You can buy a set to build into a car a power outlet into a car for electronics! Lol, the only other pump I may invest into after Spectra is Medela hospital grade pump when I can get to producing milk and need things more powerful to empty out. Medela was a star in that category, but never produced milk since I was breastfeeding my baby, so Spectra2 maybe is all I need. I am so tired of spending money on pumps!

Good luck!

Angel
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Connecticut

I’ve ordered a few things from timo and honestly. I’ve always been pretty happy with their quality. However, I have not ordered a breast pump. But at their prices. It really wouldn’t be a stretch to give it a try. They’re very reasonable again. Probably because all of it is from china but today what isn’t

B.J. 🇬🇧
    Participant
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Not Breast Pump related but I have recently ordered items from Temu as Christmas presents for some family members.
    I have to say I wasn’t impreseed with the quality of them and am still trying to negotiate returning them for a refund.
    OK, I am UK based but if I were buying anything breast pump related/ nipple suckers etc, etc then I would go to well known UK company like LoveHoney.
    Maybe I had a bad experience with the company, who know’s but I wont be using them again but if you use them then your experience may be totally different. Hope this helps, Barry.

Gumdrops (ToT)
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Missouri

All literature I’ve red says to purchase a “hospital grade” pump.

Temu doesn’t offer “hospital grade”. They’re 3rd party pumps and don’t have a great warranty if something goes wrong.

I have a Willow, a MomCozy, and an Elvie. I like the MomCozy best.

Effervescent1
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • California

If I wanted a “starter” pump I’d get the Bella Baby for $60 on Amazon, with great reviews. I got that one, initially, because I wasn’t sure if I’d like the process of inducing, and didn’t want to immediately invest in a hospital grade pump. I’ve seen the Bella Baby for as little as $20 on resale sites, new. I second the vote for Spectra pumps, they’re great pumps.

Also, if you’re inducing with a partner, I’d discuss this with them, as well. There are a lot of costs for pumping bras, pumps, supplements, supplies, etc., and they might be willing to assist.

Bellababy Double Electric Breast Feeding Pumps with 21mm,24mm,27mm Flanges,Touch Screen,Pain Free Strong Suction 4 Models 9 Levels Strength https://a.co/d/11sgbxC

June
    Participant
    • Female
    • United Kingdom

I recently received my first delivery from Temu.

Hit and miss!

I’m reasonably happy with my heated jacket.

And I ordered two nanny cams which worked.

I am planning to send back about half of what I purchased. Little better than cheap Christmas cracker tat.

As I don’t want to lactate, how important is a hospital grade pump?

Andrew
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Missouri

I have heard bad things about Temu. That they are under investigation for their app using malware to access your data from other apps and private messages. Not to mention the possibility of the usage of forced labor.

CafeAuLatte
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Hawaii

Wow the amount of information just poured out! I am impressed! I have looked at hospital grade pumps but it hard, I just don’t have the funds and I am in a situation where it may be stolen. So I will have to wait also, seems like the more expensive one’s maybe better? I do not have a partner at the moment. But that could change, at the drop of a hat. I guess for now I could grab up to 3 USB rechargeable pumps to test them out first. Sounds like Spectra’s are the way to go when time to invest.

Temu isn’t high quality it is more high quality! Like how much do you want not so much how long do you want it to last. Big differences.

I will make an attempt to log on and let everyone know what I discover. Maybe it could be used for those that travel and need a quieter option?

LadyOceana
    Participant
    • Female
    • Canada

I was just looking at Temu to see what they had for breast pumps as my Spectra 2 doesn’t have as much suction as I’d like, and the shields are so rigid and don’t feel natural at all.

It’s an amazing pump all in all and so quiet, but if I could find another to use at times as well that would be great.

My instincts were to steer clear of Temu and after reading the replies I’m going to stick with that, thanks for the insight everyone.

June
    Participant
    • Female
    • United Kingdom

A lady just shared her experience with a breast pump on KIK. She’s really happy with it as she bought it for the pleasure, not lactating. I asked her for the make and she said it has no name. It came from Temu.

And last night, out of the blue, and without supplements,her milk came in.

For her $30 investment, not bad at all.

CafeAuLatte
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Hawaii

I never gotten around to ordering from Temu yet, but I think I should! I just saw a ‘Reel’ where a woman was thrilled that now you can go wireless for pumping!!! It’s 2024, we should have silent pumps that can be Bluetooth controlled and such. We really don’t need helicopter sounding pumps that keep us chained to the walls it is soooo problematic! Also pumps should have easy visible grading about suction and sizes just like clothing! Also I can almost bet dollars to doughnuts that men are engineering the pumps and since they are NOT women we are stuck with the worst ideas ever! How hard is it to use washable flexible rubber, that has holes and suck and is doubled to make padding for nipple areas, .07 more in cost maybe and different attachments. Reinvent the area, also we should have better period, when it comes to pumping it is in part because we haven’t demanded this from the industry. I don’t know.

In the mainland, but insurance bills out at $200+ here in Hawaii for a new pump after a baby is born. That is highway robbery. I know pumps usually are like $35-90 but for that price I expect a genie to pop out! And high quality pumps too! I have only seen hospital grade pumps on EBay. And they go for $150+ because they don’t break down for a long time. I also heard that modified goat milk pumps work well too, keyword, modified!

June
    Participant
    • Female
    • United Kingdom

@cafeaulatte

I wish I could find someone that can modify a goat pump for me! The person I know that could is super busy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close