Moisturising

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Moisturising

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Any ideas about what I can use to moisturise and soften the skin on my breasts? I’m getting dry and rough skin from hand expressing. I generally prefer to use natural products, so I’ve tried coconut oil, olive oil and grapeseed oil, but they all start to smell stale after a few hours. I’m on a tight budget and I’m in the UK. I would appreciate specific product recommendations for anything available in the UK or general recommendations of types of products that people have tried around the world. Thanks in advance ☺️

Rusted420
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Ohio

I am older and diabetic so I occasionally have issues with dry skin. I have found that a few of the Gold Bond products work well for me. I experimented with various products but always go back to the Gold Bond brand, especially their products for diabetics. Hope this helps

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve never heard of that brand, I’m not sure if it’s available in the UK but I’ll check it out. I did have type 2 diabetes for about 6 months but I’ve been in remission nearly a year. Still worth knowing though, thanks for the recommendation.

Tim
    Spectator
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

[Admin edit.]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ffs Michael @tuehlykv, can we please extend blocking to public areas and not just private? Apparently blocking this creep in my messages wasn’t enough to give him the hint 🥴

Baker
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Nevada

It’s pretroleum based, but Bag Balm is a Vaseline-like ointment for dry skin, chapped mamm’s in particular. I don’t use it but learned about it from women who swear by it. It’s an old fashioned product, in the states it can be found in both rural farm and metro beauty supply.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

@ …RachyJ

– sorry, blocking will not be extended to public areas of the site. It causes too much confusion.

– Mr Tim can now not comment in forums, nor in the chatroom.

Lucy
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male & Female
    • United Kingdom

I find Johnson’s Baby Oil a cure-all for dry skin 🙂

bouncyboobies
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male & Female
    • USA
    • Ohio

When I was nursing, I used 100% Lanolin cream by Lansinoh which I found to be long lasting and effective. The game changer for me though was another one of their products called Soothies. They are flat disks with a cool-to-the-touch gummy on one side and soft fabric on the other. They are meant to be worn under clothing and directly on the nipples after applying a cream or balm. They hold in the moisture allowing the nipples to stay soft, preventing them from getting dry and cracking. You can switch them out once they warm up and wash them off, so I would have several pairs to swap out throughout the day. I know they’re on amazon in the US, but unfortunately I could not find them on amazon UK. Lansinoh does have other products available in the UK, like the lanolin and a pad that can be warmed up or chilled, kinda looks like an ice pack or something but I’ve never tried that. Also, I did see another company had something that looked like a Soothie. I can share links if you’re interested. Hope you find something that works soon!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Baker, I’ll have a look.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Michael, better than nothing

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, Lucy. It’s cheap so I’ll give it a try. I’ve been told by a reliable source that it doesn’t agree with all skin types. I’m glad I never used it on my kids when they were babies as my eldest had eczema x

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks bouncyboobies, my nips are bearing up OK, in fact they’re even softer than usual! It’s the rest of the skin on my breasts that’s suffering, because I’m expressing by hand as I can’t get anything out with the pumps. I’ll have a look for something similar in the UK that’s available on a small budget.

Pink
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • New York

I second the lanolin- that stuff is magic.
    I use coconut or sweet almond oil on all my skin including breasts. Natural and feels really good.

Rusted420
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Ohio

@Rachy. How did you resolve your diabetes. I have had it for almost 16 years now. It is fairly under control but I would love to resolve it completely. Any information or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close