Let’s talk breast pumps

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Let’s talk breast pumps

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Veronica
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Oregon

Ok ladies. Best wearable breast pumps. I have tried Elvie Stride and Bella Baby wearable pump. Looking for more suggestions.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Before I get into my actual response you will see me use the word suck or sucks. It isn’t meant to be pejorative. For example, fans blow, and vacuums suck. On that note.

I have an EvenFlow pump, it isn’t a wearable as such. It sucks and I enjoy it, and I’m trying to induce lactation. I had to get smaller inserts for the flanges.

While shopping at Legendairy for targeted supplements I noticed that they offer a pump at a good price point. https://www.legendairymilk.com/collections/imani-i2/products/imani-i2-wearable-breast-pump-new. Haven’t used it myself.

If you’re a Prime member then wait for Prime Day on July 11-12, 2023 and see what’s available there.

Veronica
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Oregon

The Elvie Stride didn’t have enough suck for me and the BellaBaby for some reason the milk doesn’t go in the chamber and instead I end up with soaked breasts. It does help me lactate but want to track quantity. I have a spectra 1S but it isn’t one I can wear while doing other things. I will check out the Legendary but wonder if I would have the same problem as BellaBaby. I think it is because I have dense breasts so it doesn’t seal around the breast well enough.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve got elvie pumps. Not stride, but just the original ones. They feel nice but I’m not sure how much they do to induce lactation or empty milky breasts, as I’ve never had much success with breast pumps. I doubt they would do much for you if the stride didn’t have the desired effect as the stride has a more powerful pump than the original I think. I’ve read that the willow pump is supposed to be good for large breasts, but haven’t tried it, as it’s very expensive. Momcosy seems to be a popular brand, but I haven’t tried any of those either.

Found the 1. The only one.
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Michigan

I’d suggest getting in touch with Rose (Pump Slayer)

https://abfheaven.com/members/roseknows/

Agent Rose
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Oregon

I have used the following:

– Regular Elvie
    – Willow 3rd Gen
    – Baby Buddha with Legendairy collection cups.

My absolute favorite is the Elvie after the firmware update from earlier this year. I use it in power pump mode.

I used the Willow 3rd Gen in my last attempt at inducing (2021).

I am using Baby Buddha at moment as my Elvies are wearing out.

Personally, early in my inducing journey, none of the pumps wearable or otherwise pull out any milk. I have found massaging, expressing pre pumping to be effective at thoroughly removing milk and building volume.

Of the 3 mentioned above, the regular Elvie is by far my favorite. Mostly because of its quietness. My noise canceling mic blocks it out completely so I can pump and work at the same time.

Veronica
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Oregon

Rose I saw a post from long ago that is looked like you tried the Limerick also. How was that one in comparison to the above. Also have you heard if the regular Elvie is stronger then the Elvie Stride?

Agent Rose
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Oregon

I have the Limerick too. It is the best suction wise but it is not a wearable. I did get the rechargeable battery pack for it so there is a bit more mobility.

I would choose the Limerick over any wearable any day. It is my favorite stationary one that I have tried.

I have not used Elvie Stride so I can’t comment on suction differences with the Elvie. If you look up “New Little Life” on YouTube, you will find many pump reviews on that lactation consultant’s channel. She even had a boob suction meter designed to capture the data.

Veronica
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Oregon

Dang I wish I would have heard of the Limerick before I bought a Spectra. How loud is it? I was just looking at it and love the way the suction appears. Looks more like suckling. Thank you for the input. May have to splurge on multiple fancy pumps.

Veronica
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Oregon

One more question. What is the difference between the Joy and the PJ’s?

Agent Rose
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Oregon

Hi Veronica

The Joy has a digital display. The PJ’S is a manual way to “read” the time, suction and speed.

Otherwise they are basically the same pump and built like a workhorse.

It can be loud but I smother it with a pillow.

I will look at recording myself using it for a blog post if you like.

Veronica
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Oregon

That would be great. Thank you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Rose, how do you get the firmware update please? I’m afraid I’m a complete technophobe and wouldn’t have a clue without some guidance 🤣 I just pop them in my bra and off I go!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve enjoyed the Healcan wearable breast pump. Good suction.

Agent Rose
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Oregon

Hi Rachy

If you download the Elvie app and pair your phone and your pumps, then the app lets you know when there’s a firmware update and it walks you through the process.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close