Issues with Pumping?!

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Issues with Pumping?!

• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JandRH
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Texas

Ok so when my hubby or other partners suckle I have no issues with getting my milk out, to the point where my hubby can choke it lets down so quickly. However, when I pump I barely get 5ml out of one side and only a couple drops out of the other. I am able to hand express and get a fountain though! I have changed my flange size so know that is not the problem. Any thoughts or ideas how to help increase my pumping sessions so I am not hurting throughout the day!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have the same problem lol
    Sometimes when I pump in getting a good amount, but it seems less lately than it use to be.

JandRH
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Texas

I have been lactating for like a month since I started taking dom. Not sure if it will just take more consistent pumping? I can only pump one time while I am at work.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That could be it. I started working in person a month ago and haven’t been able to be consistent with my pumping

Flowrgardn
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Iowa

Pumps, even the good ones, are poor substitutes for the human mouth. They never work as well. Sometimes it takes finding the right pump for your breasts. Personally I’ve found for me that each breast works better with a different pump, which isn’t ideal. lol A flexible flange can make a lot of difference as well; those hard plastic flanges are not useful imo.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Pumping in some cases has caused irritations and damage. Do use lanolin cream for that situation. I know of one free alternative option,besides herbs, foods and the nurturing bond and connection by a knowledgable mouth called marmet massage. It can be googled in you tube in minutes instruction. Breast wishes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve never had any luck with pumps, even after my babies were born. I think it’s partly due to the fact that they mainly concentrate on the nipple, whereas a proper latch stimulates the mammary glands deep within the breast.

The other factor is hormonal. When you have skin contact and closeness with the one you’re feeding, whether that’s your baby or your ANR partner, you have formed a bond as an animal, as a nurturer, and you release the love hormone, oxytocin. You don’t have to be in love with that person, but it helps if you have some affectionate feelings for them.

Anything that stimulates your nipples can facilitate lactation, if the conditions are correct, but how much milk is removed from the breasts is what determines how much they produce, as long as you’re well rested and hydrated.

If you haven’t already tried a hospital grade double electric pump, that might help. But if you want to increase supply or relieve discomfort in the absence of a human mouth and hand expression works for you, that’s probably your best option.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close