Induction newbie.

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Induction newbie.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello all. I have newly begun my journey to induce lactation. I have been pumping for several days and have never lactated before. (No kids). Yesterday while pumping I noticed that my nipples were wet with a clear liquid. I was able to express a small amount that actually squirted from my nipple. I am pumping again tonight and noticed the same clear liquid from both nipples. In doing some reading I believe it could possibly be colostrum. I read that it can start out clear in some cases. I am looking for some information and advice on if this seems normal and I should continue pumping daily. At this time I do not have a partner and since this is all new to me I was hoping for some direction. Thank you in advance for any advice or assistance!

Effervescent1
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • California

One does not produce colostrum unless they’ve been recently pregnant. It’s likely just fluid clearing from your ducts. Also, colostrum is thick and creamy, not usually clear.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is definitely progress though, keep at it

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, I agree with both of the above and would also like to add that Rose’s lactation blog on this site is very helpful and informative. Good luck 😊

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you so much for your replies! I will definitely check out Rose’s blog. 🥰

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close