Donation?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Verdant
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Massachusetts

Is there a way to make a donation to the site, preferably anonymously?

If I met my partner on here I would definitely make a big donation. Plus this site is free, unlike many of the other sites that charge for membership, so even more we should be thinking about how to give back.

BTW I hope this isn’t a duplicate, I searched at the top right of the screen for “donation” but I am not sure if that searches the site or just members.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Thanks Verdant, I really do appreciate your comments.

When I started ABFheaven last year there was never any intention to charge anybody to use the site. My thinking was: make it free, that way we get a large membership and everyone has at least a chance to find a partner close by. Now after 10 months we are rapidly approaching 4000 members, we get at least 20 new members each day, so that plan seems to be working out.

And my thinking hasn’t changed about that. This site will always be free to join and to use all the basic functionality – send messages, place personal ads, and so on. Free equals more members, and more members equals a better chance for everyone to find a bit of ABF happiness. Like a virtuous circle, kind of.

I will add some sort of Donate button at some point, it will be discreet and completely voluntary.

In the meantime, anyone reading this who might like to make a small contribution, then please send me a Private Message and I can give you my PayPal details. A few dollars or pounds would be a huge help.

Verdant
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Massachusetts

That’s so wonderful! And a very nice philosophy, I didn’t know that the plan was for the site to always be free. Even if there is no built-in way to donate at this point, I am sure you will get good karma for your work..!

Because of the sort-of stigma associated with ANR, I think it would be great to have an anonymous way to donate. Personally I wouldn’t want an American company having a record of the transaction.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If I found a partner from the site I would definitely make a huge donation myself. This site stands apart from other abc sites in a way that is difficult to quantify, and more importantly the admin (Michael) is the most down to earth admin I’ve had the pleasure of knowing.

oxwood
    Participant
    • Male
    • Denmark

I concur with @pktmj. I like to think @tuehlykv has already added the donation button somewhere and one has to hunt it down like some kind of Easter egg.

Blckharlemmann
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

Hopefully Michael will become the Next Mark Zuckerberg 😊 xoxo💘💘💘💘

Xavier
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • California

I would also like to make a contribution.
    Would you accept crypto currency as a donation?

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Xavier, thankyou. I will look at setting that up at some point. Appreciated.

Anonymous
    Inactive

For the purpose of anonymity and expediency, the easiest way is, I think, just buy an Amazon gift card and send Michael the details. (card number and pin)

Again Michael, thank you for all you are doing and have done.
    ” ) Frank

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close