Disappearing User Syndrome

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Disappearing User Syndrome

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Lucy
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male & Female
    • United Kingdom

I’ve posted about this previously but had an example of it happen just today.

I get a message from a user, I reply and there’s a couple of messages back and forward. They ask can we chat again, I say okay and then just hours later they are a “Deleted User”. Are they guilty of something that quick that they’re removed or is it something I say lol?

✍️Philip❤️‍🔥U♔🦮
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Virginia

I’ve had that happen to me. I assume I scare them off. 😉
    I know Michael, the admin., is very vigerous about making sure we follow the rules and all stay safe as a consequence.
    Other times, I think people quickly come to believe the site is not what they expected.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

FYI…the vast majority of users removed by Admin are brand new registrations, and as such are still in “unapproved” status where they can not send messages.

So any user who messages you and then disappears has most likely removed themself. That would be 99% of the time.

Lucy
    Participant
    • Female
    • United Kingdom

It must be you and I both in that case @philip364

The last message I got from the now “Deleted User” was 4 hours ago and read “Talk to you later, im excited to get to know you”.

I call that mixed signals lol 😉

Lucy
    Participant
    • Female
    • United Kingdom

Thank you Michael. Good to know!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wife found out lol

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lucy the competition is pretty tough on here so many decide to delete their account or stay and remain optimistic. Women here have specific tastes (age, race, location, interests) and the amount of men is 4x as many do they have the pick of the liter. I would say stay optimistic and allow yourself to be open to new people and experiences

Tony
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Illinois

The fantasy is fun, and I really think people like the chat and fantasy more than they want the reality. The prospect of changing your life can be pretty overwhelming, so that it why folks disappear. Or maybe they found someone else and don’t have the class to say it?
    I don’t know, in the last year I was stood up three times and cancelled on twice and met one person twice.

Found the 1. The only one.
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Michigan

I’ve found it’s not uncommon for users, particularly new ones, to have a sudden change of heart and simply disappear.

Who knows why, could be for any number of reasons? I wish them well.

Corey
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Montana

I’ve had that happen on other sites as well. Not sure what happens, but oh well. I like talking to the women on this site better anyway. More personable in many ways. Probably because this is a well-designed site and people feel more comfortable here.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m pretty sure it’s common for those freshly intrigued by ABF and or in a low ebb relationship could join here with high expectations only for real life to bring them back to earth. They may reappear here at some point with a clearer passion and commitment for an ABF relationship.

Milky
    Participant
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Hi All,
    I’m very used to this, usually soon after I say hello or they get to see my photo..

LOL

Anonymous
    Inactive

thats what usually happens on this site, a couple of messages then nothing, it happens to everyone.

Joe
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • California

Men are used to it lol it is a new thing for women, it will take time to get used to lol
    Before I get all the hatting messages lol I am just kidding lol

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve droped off before only because the replies would take so long. It’s hard to carry on a conversation and get to know someone when they only reply every 1 or 2 days. I understand the website notifications kinda suck, but if the other person isn’t putting in the effort to move the conversation forward, I’ll usually drop off.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close