Deleting a sent message after someone has tried.

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Deleting a sent message after someone has tried.

• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This man sent me a pretty crude message, it was the first time I had been messaged by this man, and I had never interacted with him anywhere else on the site. I asked him if he thought his message was an appropriate first message, after he read that and then replied to my question, his first message disappeared.

Is there some way to selectively chose a portion of your message history to delete?
    I’m very curious about this and the behavior behind it, and it’s not the first time it’s happened.

He sent a message along the lines of I’d really like to suck on your big breasts of something like that.

My reply: Do you really think that is an appropriate first message?

His replies: Well I certainly apologize please forgive me I’m sorry

Don’t wanna come across in a negative way I geuss I’m too straight forward

Agent Rose
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Oregon

Was a picture attached to the message? Depending on how it was entered, the text would auto delete with the image after 24 hours.

T J
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Pennsylvania

@lusciousliz
    To my knowledge there is no way to “unsend” a message once it has been sent. And to my knowledge, even if someone deletes messages from their own mailbox, that doesn’t delete them from the other person’s inbox. It’s sad that you had to experience that. What you described should be a lesson to all: choose your words wisely, and think about the kind of impression you want to make. Would you go up to a complete stranger on the street and attempt to start a conversation by saying “wow, I’d like to suck on those big breasts!”?? I would hope not. So why would anyone think that’s an appropriate way to start a conversation here?? (That’s a rhetorical question… Some dudes are neanderthals and just don’t get what this site is really about). Good for you for calling him out!!!

Grogman 🚀⚡️❄️
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Ohio

Nope! You are spot on.😉
    That would be in my second message.😜😂🤣

Kidding aside, imho such talk/text is appropriate amongst consenting adults. There isn’t any good reason to lead with that rubbish. 🤗🤗

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

It should not be possible to selectively delete individual messages within a thread, the most likely explanation is that given by Rose above.

Also, as noted above by TJ, deleting a thread simply hides it at your end. It will still be visible at the other end and they can choose to add to it if they want. How to prevent this? Block them.

Think of message threads the same as email exchanges; deleting at your end does not delete at the other end.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I do not recall if the person sent a photo along with the message. Facebook has a new feature where you can unsend a message, but it does tell the recipient that a message was unsent. I just wanted to make sure that’s not what happened in situation.

He has been blocked, I don’t give a shit about his weak ass apology and bullshit explanation. There is no going back from messages like that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close