Definitions of ANR, ABF, Erotic Lactation

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Definitions of ANR, ABF, Erotic Lactation

• This topic has 16 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 9 months ago by Mj.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Gumdrops (ToT)
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Missouri

In a recent text chat it was brought to my attention numerous people aren’t familiar with the correct Lifestyle definitions of Adult Nursing Relationship, Adult Breast Feeding, and Erotic Lactation. Lactophilia (Erotic Lactation) “is sexual arousal by breastfeeding on a woman’s breast. Depending on the context, the practice can also be referred to as adult suckling, adult nursing, and adult breastfeeding. Practitioners sometimes refer to themselves as being in an Adukt nursing relationship (ANR). [1]

“Some women lose the ability to be aroused while breastfeeding, and thus would not find Lactation with a sexual partner to be Erotic. This can be the result of physical reasons (soreness) or psychological reasons (conflicted about her breasts being used other than for an infant).” [4]

“An adult nursing relationship (ANR) involves the suckling of milk from a woman’s breast on a regular basis from one or more partner(s). Successful ANRs depend on a stable and long-term relationship, as otherwise it is very difficult to maintain a steady milk flow. Couples may begin an ANR by transferring regular suckling from a child to a sexual partner (e.g. spouse). Such a relationship may form as an expression of close intimacy and mutual tenderness, and may exist without sex. [1]. Breastfeeding can have a strong stabilizing effect on the partnership. [1][11]. The breastfeeding woman may experience orgasms or a pleasurable let-down reflex.”

Lactophilia, is a lifestyle choice fetish. In as much, it falls into a kink or niche lifestyle which has a dynamic umbrella to which ANR, ABF, ABDL, and Erotic lactation all fall under.

Just stating you are looking for or searching for an ANR or ABF in your profile or using the terms in discussion, you need to be aware of what they all are and what they all include. And you need to make sure your intended partner also has the same definition and understanding. That means you need to identify your desire in your profile and ensure you are communicating your expectations to your intended partner.

Incorrect use of the acronyms will only lead to disappointment to both parties.

Not all ANR or ABF relationships are intimate in a sexual way. ANR most commonly is due to the bonding essence of the relationship. Not a simple breastfeeding relationship which only entails breastfeeding sessions.

Footnotes
    1. ^abcdef (Forth et al. 2006, pp. 133-136)
    4. ^ Smith, Mindy A. (2000), 20 Common Problems in Women’s Health Care, McGraw-Hill Professional, ISBN 0-07-069767-1
    11. ^ Buttenstedt, Carl: The “Marriage of happiness”: the revelation of woman: A study in nature

Yogi
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Pennsylvania

Thank you, ToT, for these definitions and explanation of the differences. Lots of people use the terms inaccurately and this can surely cause disappointments, misunderstandings and even missed opportunities.

Grogman 🚀⚡️❄️
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Ohio

@pawsda23 Thanks ToT! As usual you have proven once again to be full of it. 😜 Knowledge, that is.😉
    Speaking the same language is key in any type of relationship.
    It is interesting to chat with my friends across the Atlantic and wonder what in the hell they just said.😜 Understanding, terms and definitions helps. As always communication with your partner is key.
    The ladies of ABFHeaven have got it going on!

curlycow
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Pennsylvania

thank you tot

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thankyou for this informative post. What does ABDL stand for please?

Gumdrops (ToT)
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Missouri

Rachy J. ABDL is paraphilic infantilism, also known as autonepiolhilia and adult baby, it’s a sexual fetish that involves role-playing a regression to an infant-like state. Adult Baby Diaper Lover (ABDL).

Gumdrops (ToT)
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Missouri

Rachy J The lactation fetish has a very varied spectrum of lifestyles within it. I prefer to liken the lifestyle fetishes as an Umbrella with all of the varied dynamics within it underneath the main Lactation or Lactophilia fetish. They all have very varied dynamics in which their participants gain gratification.

Gumdrops (ToT)
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Missouri

Many people have difficulty sharing their intimate desires and often do not correctly communicate their expectations of their requirements until it’s too late and a misunderstanding has occurred.

Often in intimate Lactophilia relationships several lifestyle desires can be found. For example in the Hucow lifestyle, which is considered under the D/s umbrella, the Dom/Hucow Farmer seeks a submissive who wishes to be dominated, Force lactated, and force bred. Or the simple BDSM relationship that has a twist of control with collars, leather harnesses, floggers, whips, restraints, etc. And then there’s the Sensual Dominant that’s strictly into sensation and lactation. There are numerous and varied lifestyles all of which could include lactation/Lactophilia as part of the sexual gratification requirement.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Tot! As always you’re full of useful information and wisdom. I often have to ask several questions when I get a message, regarding exactly what they mean when they use those terms. I do encourage people to know the language and what it means prior to putting it in their profile or when looking for a partner.

I’m going to create some controversy here.

After reading your post, i’m rather perplexed about the meaning of ABF and ANR.

Because I have read from several different sources, different definitions of ANR and ABF.

I was quite confused and felt silly a couple years ago about these terms. So I combed through many websites and articles to find out the distinction between the two, in order to help me figure out what I want and needed, along with how to articulate it correctly. I spent a lot of time comparing information and sources.

Here is one of the sources that says what my understanding has been about ABF and ANR, from lactation wiki – that site, btw, has been my jumping off point for a lot of education around adult breastfeeding. I’m pretty sure, it was how I learned about abf heaven.

https://lactation.wiki/wiki/Adult_Nursing_Relationships#/search

An Adult Nursing Relationship (ANR), is a committed relationship with adult breastfeeding as part of it, with or without milk.

Adult Breastfeeding (ABF) is a non committed encounter with adult breastfeeding, with or without milk.

Here is another source that looked at.

https://www.sexcoaching.com/sexual-pleasure/what-is-adult-breastfeeding/

Gumdrops (ToT)
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Missouri

Water Lily, thank you! I too use Wikipedia as a source and agree with your interpretation. My current ANR is strictly non sexual and I’m dry currently…David and I could be sexual, though I find the erotic aspect of being suckled equivalent to an intimate sexual encounter and we have fun with each other in other ways. I have been in one or two strictly ABF encounters and don’t find those quite as fulfilling as the exchange and bonding of my current ANR.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ahh, I see. Thanks for the clarification. I’m not surprised I didn’t know what that meant, as that’s most definitely not my thing!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you TonT, you’re better than Alexa! And thanks to you, I’ve now clarified my profile to avoid ANY confusion with my preferences. After reading from you and others, I realized that I may not have been crystal clear in my wishes. Now, I am. Heck, I’ve included the gender, the type, the brand and I believe everything but a diagram of how our “partnership” will evolve and live happily ever after!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Maybe the profile could be expanded to include checkboxes with both a simple definition and expectations, to help facilitate further dialog. Personally, I don’t get hung up on the definitions because my goal is to simply have a relationship first, that involves suckling second. And I am prepared to accept however far that goes. In short, give freely, accept what is given, make no demands. It hasn’t worked yet, but I know she’s out there.

Gumdrops (ToT)
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Missouri

Hi Jake, all relationships contain or should contain some type of “common ground” which both parties in the relationship or partnership are interested.

Gumdrops (ToT)
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Missouri

Hi Ann, so glad my post was helpful!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close