Anyone having issues sending Private Messages?

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Anyone having issues sending Private Messages?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • United Kingdom

I updated the Private Message system a few days ago, it seemed to have a very beneficial effect on the site speed overall.

However, I am hearing about issues of difficulty in opening individual Private Messages from the full list, and of the Private Message button on profile pages not working. These issues so far are affecting only users of very old phones, so I assumed it’s just an outdated-tech issue.

But if you are suddenly now having problems and you are using a modern device …Android phone, iphone, iPad, Android tablet etc …. then let me know in the comments below. Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mine has no problems at all. Thanks xxx

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mine’s good from a laptop.

curlycow
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Pennsylvania

i have a pc and all is fine

MilkMan808J
    Participant
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Yes it looks like I’m only one of a very few members with older smartphones who have been badly affected by this change, as you already know Michael.

So to my friends on here & any other member who wishes to chat privately with me (& that’s the only way I prefer) you can still send me a private message, but unfortunately I can now only see about the 1st 20-22 words of any PM & now can’t reply via PM system any more. So now the only way I can reply privately to any member is to send a friendship request with a message attached, then you read that message, then REJECT my friendship request, but then put a friendship request back to me & write your reply in the box that appears & send that request back to me & in turn I can do the same & send you a reply back. It’s not ideal, but it does work until I can get myself a new smartphone, which for various reasons won’t be for a little while.
    Obviously this is not ideal for me & quite annoying, but I understand that Michael has made this change to the PM system for the benefit of the majority of other members (because yes the site has been running very slowly & erratically for the last few months) so I will have to accept this & hopefully other members who wish to chat with me will understand my limitations on this site for the time being. 😒

Matt
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

All is well from my laptop. Thank you for all you do for this site!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close