A question that I’ll bet hasn’t been asked here….

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion A question that I’ll bet hasn’t been asked here….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Vinman
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • New Jersey

Has anyone ever looked into getting an upper teeth guard for nursing? There are quite a few over the counter sports oriented products that would seem to be ideal for this. One brand I spotted on Amazon just now is called SAFEJAWZ. It is used for Boxing, Basketball, Lacrosse, Football, Martial Arts, etc. But will this or any other “over the counter” product actually cut the mustard when it comes to minimizing/eliminating teeth contact with a woman’s breasts when in the throes of some intense suckling?

The January 17th issue of New York Magazine has a review of their chosen top 8 teeth guards in “The Strategist” column. Most of these reviews are geared toward snoring rather than suckling….lol. But perhaps these inexpensive ones you boil and mold to your teeth may actually work?

I’m thinking that maybe the best way to eliminate “teeth” from suckling is with a custom made upper teeth guard from ones’s dentist. Any thoughts on this? Has anyone found a device that really makes a difference?

Gumdrops (ToT)
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Missouri

☺️….Vin, just take the damn things out and gum her.

Grogman 🚀⚡️❄️
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Ohio

@pawsda23 that’s hilarious!😜

Vin I have a lower tooth guard to protect against grinding my teeth at night. The generic ones didn’t work out. Before you go the route of a custom made guard perhaps you need to adjust your technique.

Yogi
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Pennsylvania

With a proper latch, there is usually no tooth contact.

Latcher Latch
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Arizona

Agree With Yogi- you’re suckling not biting. No teeth with a proper latch.

LatchOn15
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Texas

I have to agree with the others, I would focus on your latch technique. Teeth should not be involved at all if you are properly suckling.

Vinman
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New Jersey

Agreed. I recently tried a new position with my partner where I was kneeling on the floor and reaching “upwards” with her in a large cushioned chair. I think that position caused the teeth vs breast contact. I think we’ll “shelve” that position.

What I’ve found works great is to have her laying face up on my massage table and I sit or kneel in a chair along side, allowing for a completely vertical suckling stroke. Never any problems and it feels great.

Aside from “side by side” on the bed, always a winner, what’s your favorite position?

T J
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Pennsylvania

Judging from the replies, I see I’m not the only one who was puzzled by the question of teeth being an issue, as it’s not something I’ve ever encountered and shouldn’t be an issue with a proper latch. But to be honest, the 2nd “position” is even more of a head-scratcher, as it sounds remarkably impersonal and uncomfortable… probably for both parties. Does she lie there staring at the ceiling during the “vertical suckling stroke?” How is kneeling in a chair comfortable? And do you only suck one nipple? What happens when it’s time to switch? Do you have to get up and move the chair to the other side of the table?

Incidentally, those are rhetorical questions… I don’t really need to visualize it any further than already described. If it works for you, that’s all that matters. It just seems very uncomfortable and impersonal, which, in my opinion, is the opposite of what nursing should be.

Yogi
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Pennsylvania

Well said, TJ.

Vinman
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New Jersey

TJ, not to worry, (and I know you’re not : ) the so called “second position” was a “one off” suggestion by her of short duration that won’t be repeated. Btw, the kneeling was on pillows placed on the floor in front of the the upholstered chair, not in the chair itself. It was neither uncomfortable nor impersonal for either of us. You had to be there 😀

Nuff said.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close