8000 members …but the site is slowly grinding to a halt

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion 8000 members …but the site is slowly grinding to a halt

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • United Kingdom

ABFheaven will cross the 8000 registered-members mark tomorrow …we get well over 700 active members using the site each day….but unfortunately the site has slowed to a crawl in recent weeks. Pages taking 20, 30 seconds to load. Pretty much unusable. I am well aware of how annoying this can be.

So an upgrade to a better hosting platform is imminent, within a few days. Thanks to those donors who have contributed financially over the last few months, you have helped cover the cost of this. And anyone else who likes this site & wants to help …well, get in touch please via PM. Paypal donations are always very much appreciated.

Chris
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Ohio

I thought it was just me

LondonMan
    Participant
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Hetzner seems like an alternative option for wordpress websites.

MShropshire
    Participant
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

I run numerous servers via Hetzner. Fantastic for price and service

Anonymous
    Inactive

I personally haven’t noticed the site being slow, but thanks for keeping us abreast (😋) of the situation.

Not sure if this affects the site or not, but if you are going to move to another hosting platform would it be an idea to lose some of the inactive profiles first? There seems to be heaps of them on here.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Hi Storm, the inactive users, even a huge number of them, really don’t affect site performance at all …but it’s obviously a good idea to remove very old inactive accounts. Will start doing that soon, thanks for the reminder.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close