Why ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Tim
    Spectator
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • United Kingdom

Why do people suddenly stop chatting and ignore you – so rude, would be kinder to be told why

Way2
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Illinois

I feel for you. The internet can be a very difficult place to make new friends. Just make sure you’re being as friendly and open as possible. If you’re doing your best, what more can anyone ask for.

Keep your chin up, bud. Our lovely partners are out there, somewhere.

Nickchrome
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

It’s especially strange when you were chatting for awhile and it’s going well and they tell you it’s going well and then poof! Even stranger when they suddenly start messaging you again.
    There’s another recent thread here on this topic and quite a few ladies responded that when they give a guy a reason he keeps harrassing her, and when they just stop guys leave them alone? It seems the opposite would be true but that’s what they’re saying.

People are just strange. Men and women. Online and irl.

Steve
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Massachusetts

Sexbot with lactation function doesn’t look a bad idea, thank about it guys lol

LadyOceana
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • Canada

It’s can be difficult when someone suddenly stops talking to you. I’ve been on the receiving and giving end of it.

Years ago I wasn’t secure enough in myself to exit uncomfortable conversations gracefully, it felt really vulnerable to explain why I no longer wanted to talk, knowing they may not take it well. Knowing they may be unkind in their response. So unfortunately I would at times be the one who vanished.

There’s also times where there’s not enough time or emotion invested to feel the person was owed an explanation. Especially if they didn’t respect boundaries, or asked questions which made me realize they just wanted boobs, regardless of who they were attached to, or if they only wanted to talk about nursing but nothing about us as people, rather than deal with being insulted (which was often the response when I’d try to kindly say I wasn’t interested in talking further), I’d just save myself the grief and hit the block button.

It’s not pleasant being on either side of the equation.

LadyOceana
    Participant
    • Female
    • Canada

Eww Steve, lactating sexbot. Shudder. Hahaha

Steve
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Massachusetts

Ladyoceana, at they are predictable (hopefully), lol

Grogman 🚀⚡️❄️
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Ohio

I tend to believe the women. Sounds like it would be a serious pain dealing with it. Again, with all the inquiries they must receive. 😬
    I’m a definite no for a milky sexbot.😂 Not the reason why I’m here.

New in nj
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • New Jersey

Sometimes life just happens. If things were going well, I don’t see any harm in sending one follow up message to see if you get a reply.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree with LadyO. I’ve been on both sides and for similar reasons. Also, in both online chat and in real life I’ve had a few situations where I felt I was doing all of the initiating. That is never good for me. I want to feel the man is as invested and interested as I am. So, in a few instances, I’ve stopped communicating to see if he initiates and is truly interested or not. Either way, I had my answer.

LadyOceana
    Participant
    • Female
    • Canada

Really good point @txnative, I’ve done that too to see if the man will initiate more. Also life gets busy sometimes and if the other person starts to be harassing to get a response, that’s also an important bit of knowledge to have.

Nickchrome
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

I think there is a middle ground and you ladies have covered most of it.
    My suggestions if I may, Give a polite white lie like “i’m reconnecting with an ex” or ” I met someone slightly before you and it’s going well with them”. I would take either of these as truth or polite brush off and leave you alone.

TXnativelove and other ladies you have to consider backing off and expecting us to reengage is exactly the game playing that causes guys, even polite ones to wonder if they should reengage and if he’s the wrong guy now he’s pestering, if he’s the right guy he doesn’t know if you want him to reengage. Been there, been VERY confused as to which guy I am and what to do. See the quandary?

The polite white lie should work with nice guys, if he continues after that block him, you just added one extra mesg or whatever, no big effort.
    THEN you have your answer.

TXnative if you consider what I said above you might have gotten the wrong answer/mesg because guys read stuff like this and don’t know what signal you’re sending.

Think we all should just be clearer. And not confuse each other. Hopefully.

Nickchrome
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

And I don’t know if it’s Steve’s quirky sense of humor or not, but a yeah LadyO eww, hard no on ANY sexbot. LOL.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nickchrome maybe I was unclear in my comment. I did not cut off responding to him or communication in general. I did not leave conversations hanging or unresponsive. What I did was stop initiating the new conversation or next meet-ups. Relationships are two way streets, right? It should not fall on one person (male or female) to always initiate contact and/or discussions and that is what was occurring. He was more than happy to meet or talk if I initiated but had not made the effort to initiate anything himself. In one instance he was just really shy and we worked that out, another the guy was just not that into me and that was cool too. I wouldn’t consider that playing games. I was giving him a chance to either show interest or not as I had done.
    I think either way we will not always agree on the hows and the whys, as they say “Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus”, and we do see things differently on occasion. 😊

Steve
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Massachusetts

I’d rather begin a conversation with “what can I do for you master” and end with “are you 100% satisfied “ lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close