Why are so many profiles so empty??

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Why are so many profiles so empty??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Shawn
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • California

I see a lot of profiles on here when people talk about what they want, or describe their physical appearance. But it seems kind of rare for a profile to enumerate on things other than ANR here.

Why don’t people like talking about their likes and dislikes? I have yet to see a profile that lists a favorite food or a favorite band. Maybe I’m just looking at all the wrong ones.

Maybe I’m just weird, because I would enjoy reading an essay in which somebody genuinely tries to describe some deeper aspects of themselves.

To be fair, it isn’t just this site that has that problem. I noticed that a lot with online dating in general.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

I think your expectations are a little high maybe. Vast majority of people using a site like this naturally want to be guarded about their personal info on their public profile (visible only to other logged-in users). So they put the basics, enough to give a general impression about themself. They figure they can share the rest – favorite foods etc etc etc – in private. I don’t think it’s an issue, really. Certainly not a problem.

rosalinda
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • Other Country

I think Michael was perfect in his words…this is a site about ANR/ABF at first…This is what brings all these users together here…knowing that, you can select the profiles that interest you most based on the description and photos and then get to know them better in private…their likes and dislikes, their favorite food or favorite band…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree with Michael and Rosalinda. I think those things u can discuss in private later. What I do see quite a bit is a general lack of any details. Many profiles just say they r looking for ABF (yes, we all are) and to contact them or to just ask them questions. Those tell us nothing about the person, and I would like to see them put in a bit more effort to share something about themselves.

LondonMan
    Participant
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

will fill in my reply to this topic later

Bella
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Maryland

In reply to why profile are empty, many people don’t know what to write. For the sake of not being wrong they leave it empty or give a one liner. That’s on this site and other relationship sites.

The others nailed it about the likes and dislikes… that can be discussed later. A favorite food, drink, color, or music isn’t the top priority.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I expect there are a lot of people out there who have an emerging interest in ABF / ANR but want to stay on the outskirts of the community until they feel confident to participate.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well being as how many times I have seen the phrase “DON’T WASTE MY TIME” in profiles on here, I think people want to know they are ATTRACTED to you, (demanding photos) and that you are actually AVAILABLE (physical distance, enough time to spend, emotionally available, single and available). Why write a bunch of personal stuff on a profile and then find out the people that are reading it are not going to be what you are looking for anyway?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close