The Very Best Breast Pump for Lactation is?

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion The Very Best Breast Pump for Lactation is?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Vinman
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • New Jersey

My suckling partner and I were having a discussion about breast pumps. She mentioned the possibility of buying a goat milking machine. She’s a J cup. I’ve read a few articles about goat milkers and there seems to be a big potential downside for a woman to use them.

I’m looking to hear from any woman who has actually used a goat milker. What was it like? Was it safe? Comfortable? Effective? How does the best Goat Milker compare to the best breast pump designed for women?

I recently read in this space about the upside of using a pump with Lactek flanges. Something about mimicking a baby’s suckling motion.

Ultimately I’d like to see recommendations here about the use of a goat milker by women in general. Also any recommendations on specific types or brands of goat milkers.

If you believe that goat milkers are not the way to go for a woman whose goal is lactation, what would be your very best breast pump / flange recommendation?

Thanks!

Vin

Anonymous
    Inactive

A goat milker should never be used for lactation. It is strictly to increase the breast/nipple size, and/ or to play into the hucow fantasy.

As someone who is also into Hucow play, I could never use the goat milker I have for longer than 10 minutes. Your nipples literally turned black and blue.

Grogman 🚀⚡️❄️
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Ohio

@xxbebemooxx Yikes! 😬

Flowrgardn
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Iowa

DON’T use it. They’re not designed for women’s breasts and can actually damage breast tissue, which is the opposite of what you’re looking to accomplish. If you’re attempting induction use the best pump that works for her (different for each women….different for each of my breasts actually….one does better with my White River (no longer available) and the other does better with Spectra). Flexible flanges (like Laktek) are the direction you need to go. Safer and more effective. Each of my pumps has flexible flanges….the hard plastic ones are useless imo.

Not all women are built to lactate well, so some will not do well with the lactation process, even naturally. Others quite the opposite. Don’t force it. Enjoy the process, milk is NOT the ultimate goal. The journey getting there is time together, playtime and pleasure for both. Take it for what it is, don’t force it.

Vinman
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New Jersey

Thanks so much! Very informative post.

LadyOceana
    Participant
    • Female
    • Canada

@flowrgardn bless you for mentioning the flanges you did, I didn’t know they existed. That’s exactly what I’m needing! Found the adapter for my Spectra on Amazon so I can use them.

CafeAuLatte
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Hawaii

For those that think they should use a GOAT milking machine here is my warning. Modifications are necessary and required. I have talked to several men who knew this straight off that bat. I always thought it strange that a farm animal machine was being used on humans. Until I realized that it had to be modified there was no way that one straight out of the box would work correctly. It would hurt people, and that is true for sure! Bag Baum and arnica maybe help those who need to heal. As for open chapped nipples I would say using Meleluca Triple antibiotics will help keep away infections. I would consult heavily before purchasing a GOAT Milker the one used for cow is even more powerful and lager capacity only good thing about both is that they are food grade machines!

Anonymous
    Inactive

So, on the topic of breast pumps for pumping breast milk, there is a new one out there called Annabella. It has a mechanical tongue. I would guess that is probably the best breast pump for inducing. I’m sure it has bugs to be worked out, but it looks promising.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close