The Minutemen

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion The Minutemen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Baker
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Nevada

When initially populating the list of ‘Active’ users beneath the Recent Site Visitors, only accounts that have been active in the past 1 minute are shown. No accounts with activity older than 1 minute are included in the initial population of the list.

The Active list has a fixed length of 10 users, and never shows fewer: it’s always 10. Additionally, the Active list never refreshes anew to reveal users with activity greater than 1 minute ago. Upon refresh, all 10 users always have a recent Activity age of 1 minute or less.

During times when there are NOT 10 unique users who have made requests in the past 1 minute (God forbid), it is not possible to faithfully populate the Active list with 10 users, if there were not 10 users who had been active in the past 60 seconds. This creates a sublte but very real conundrum. Suppose the honest account of 1 minute activity is only 1 person. You risk revealing only 1 person is Active on the site; a very lonely optic. No one likes being alone on a website, that’s some “milksweetmilk” vibes, isn’t it? Tumbleweeds. Cricket-town. Kiss o’ death.

So, how can you maintain that feeling of hustle n’ bustle when there’s only 1 – 3 people around, or any number less than 10? How do you keep that Grand Central Station hype level maintained during the down-turns in traffic? How can you make a lone visitor to a site “feel” like they’re a part of “What’s Happening Now?”

Enter The Minutemen.

The Minutemen are a small pool of accounts who become Active within the past minute, at precicely and exactly the moment you ned them to. Since your list is only 10 long, you only need 10 Minutemen, tops. They can be abandoned accounts from 2019, they can be people who haven’t logged in for 4 years, they can be banned accounts, hell – you could just make a few of ’em up yourself (it doesn’t really matter). These exclusive, elite accounts – these Minutemen – are held in reserve until the moment, if & when (God forbid) there aren’t really 10 users with activity in the past 1 minute. The Minutemen automagically arrive to fill the gaps of the Active list, ensuring we always have 10 people with activity in the last minute, 24/7: 365. Any time o’ day, any time o’ night. It’s never not Grand Central Station, with the Minutemen milling about.

We’ve all seen who’s “active” more often than not. But here’s the tell that gives away a true Minuteman, setting them apart from your work-a-day “obsessive community member:” the Minutemen always (always) have identical Activity ages less than 1 minute on the Active list. For example: If “TX&CA Gal” was Active 23 seconds ago, so too was “David(romeopc)” active 23 seconds ago. If “Larry” appears with them, “Larry” was active 23 seconds ago. So was “Don,” and “Prefer Notttosay,” and “Kev Hillman.” When Minutemen appear together, they always have identical Activity ages – like clockwork. Because they ARE clockwork! The Minutemen are programmatically included to make the site appear more vibrant and active than it really is. To make YOU feel less “alone” than you really are. How cool is that!?

I’m not here to “accuse” anyone of anything: quite the contrary! I’m here to state openly – I’ll be your Minuteman! Swap me in for “Larry,” I believe I want the job more! Let’s see Baker up there, 24/7! If your Active wall is full o’ holes, Baker brand array spackling compound is whatcha need!

I hereby volunteer. Sign me up as a Minuteman! I wanna be a part of that Grand Central mud, patchin’ them holes in everyone’s perception.

Grogman 🚀⚡️❄️
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Ohio

From the title I thought that this was going an entirely different direction.😜

Set a timer. You’re on deck!

Jessica 😇😇😇😇😇
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Oregon

🤣🤣🤣
    Me too Grog.
    I’m thinking that with the thousands of registered users on the store, that there would very likely be little need for infilling the active users list, but love the enthusiasm!

Jessica 😇😇😇😇😇
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Oregon

*on the site

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close