Suckling and health

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Suckling and health

• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tony
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Illinois

Has anyone had any health issues as a suckler? Sometimes my jaw would hurt for days, just from dry nursing. Never had to worry about medication coming through milk.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I smoke marijuana and my ex was drug tested randomly at work and never tested positive!!

Lucy
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male & Female
    • United Kingdom

Some medications pass into breastmilk but usually only in very small quantaties. A nursing mother never really loses enough medication through her milk that would mean she needs to increase her dosage for example. The small amounts may be harmful to babies (though rare) but it’s very unlikely that an adult would suffer ill effects from tiny amounts of most medications that pass into breastmilk.

Rob
    Participant
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

I’ve sometimes had a sore jaw for a time after dry nursing. Its probably normal when you’ve been suckling for long sessions, particularly if you haven’t done so for a while. So nothing to worry about. Your body should soon grow used to the stimulation. But if your jaw still gives you grief, maybe you should take a short break now and then while nursing, or try not to suckle so hard.

Baker
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Nevada

I get fatigued after extended periods but, it shouldn’t be painful. Sounds like a repetitive stress injury. Maybe try a deeper latch? Draw her in a little more and leave her there to pump, might reduce your jaw stress.

Tony
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Illinois

Thanks for the advice!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Also one my partners would get gas!! Hahah it was funny!!
    I do eat vegetarian, lots of kale back then!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close