SITE UPDATE: “Who’s allowed to message me?” function added to PM user options

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion SITE UPDATE: “Who’s allowed to message me?” function added to PM user options

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • United Kingdom

This should help reduce the amount of unwanted messages you (mostly women, obviously) receive.

You can now control who can start a brand new message thread with you, available options are…

– Everyone (the default)
    – Friends Only
    – Nobody

To make changes, click the gear/cog icon at the bottom of your Private Messages threads list and select the preferred option. You can change this whenever you want, as often as you want.

So, for example, if you fancy using the site for a while without being annoyed by pop-up message notifications, then simply set it to NOBODY. And when you’re ready, set it back to EVERYONE. Your choice.

PLEASE NOTE: this control only applies to Brand New message threads. Ongoing message threads are not affected.

Let me know in the comments section if this proves helpful in reducing/controlling unwanted messages. There is the danger, of course, that those determined to annoy you will simply switch to Friends Requests with attached message. We can deal with that if it becomes an issue.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Michael, I believe this will be a welcome addition to the features.

” ) Frank

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is a fantastic addition to the site. Fair play Michael. Your always on the ball to improve the site

LadyOceana
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • Canada

Bless you, what a wonderful feature!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank goodness this will stop all these unwanted messages from those annoying women begging us guys to suckle them

Kat
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Oklahoma

Thank you for creating this. I have tried to use it, but new messages still get through.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close