Regions and groups meet up sign up

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Regions and groups meet up sign up

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA

I think we have enough members to have regional meet and greets where they are women and men in person or online .

We should get a sign up how many members would like a regional group where it can be displayed on their page.

Example.
    North East or south east meet up group

And we have a group chat on the site for that region once a month with Michael’s help.

Example:
    All members north east:, mass, nj, ct,vt, Maryland, Maine, New Hampshire, pa,Delaware.. would a group snd we can chat and schedule an in person meeting

What do people think of that idea.

They have similar gatherings like that for kink events across the nation .

btrfly
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male & Female
    • USA
    • California

As a person who hosts “regional” meet ups.

Who is going to run the multiple regions?

Who is going to be responsible for dividing the regions?

Who is going to coordinate and research the area for meet ups?

Who is going to push and advertise the when, Where, what, how, why these events are to take place?

Who is going to cohost said event should the host be unable to attend?

Who is responsible for vetting your members? Validating and confirming your members are 18 years old and older?

As a cohost, there is alot that goes on in the background that ppl do not consider when putting an event together. In order for group events to happen you need to be BE a planner, and there needs to be plenty of volunteers to step up and do this for each region. I wouldn’t have a clue where to set a meet n greet in Georgia.

Plus, there needs to a large Desired interests and said region, who are eager to have meet ups.

I live in California. One of the the most populated regions in the US and most my meet ups consist of the southern region as we are too far spread out and almost Noone is likely to travel more then 2 hours for a meet up. Not saying it won’t happen, because I’ve done it and traveled north to have only 1 show up in the past. The likelihood OF PPL FOLLOWING THRU and showing up is far less then what you think.

I had 12 ppl message me for LA county meet. And I antipate 3 of those to actually show. As a host,Ive come to learn only 1/3 will partipate. Even with said kink events.

There is alot of talk of “I want to go,” but very little follow thru.

Even with my 3 weeks’ notice, my own advertisement and spreading of the word and my vetting, which takes time, “taking time in my schedule to make this happen.”

Anr Is not like other kink events.

ANR is limited, and a much smaller community within a community who is very much hidden behind their safety net of a computer or phone.

Jessica 😇😇😇😇😇
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Oregon

We had PNW meet up last year that 8 showed up for. 5 drive down from Seattle. It took a lot of organizing though and the gal that did all the work isn’t around here anymore.

Tigers Texas
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Texas

Regional meetups would be nice.
    I would host one in Texas, however I believe the turnout would be minimal for the reasons listed above.
    Buck

Kat
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Missouri

So true, @btrfly !
    Organizing events is time consuming, requires lots of work and preps, etc…then only fraction of folks will show up. Considering it could be a venue, this could be ticketing event with no refunds so at least no shows will not affect reservations, but at a same time maybe it would motivate people to show up, if that was a paid event (to cover food/catering, for example).

There should be many rules, like *no phone policy* so folks don’t need to worry of some random pictures or recording. So a volunteer would need to confiscate all phones. This is done at many events.

ANR isn’t really a kink for me, so not sure I wanna go to an event where people think it is a kink. But, can brainstorm if you guys need help.

Nick
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

It’s good idea but as said by few experienced in organizing these events, needs planning, organizing, rule set up and few volunteers to put in time and efforts for all.

david
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA

Tba m you all for your input. I was referring to first having a monthly zoom meeting or meeting on here .. for just people in the same region. That way we can see that we all have people that are local to one another

Clea
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • Canada

A meetup in Canada, especially in BC would be great. Although not something I could plan/ organize.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close