Question regarding profiles.

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Question regarding profiles.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Corey
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Montana

Forgive me if this is a repeat topic, as I don’t have time to scroll through the massive number of posts looking for the answer.

Why is it that sometimes I can’t add as a friend or even message someone? Is there a setting that allows those functions to be blocked? Is it tailored to a specific type of search?

Found the 1. The only one.
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Michigan

It’s because the member is new and Michael hasn’t authorized them yet.

Rachy J
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • United Kingdom

You don’t have to scroll, you can use the search function at the top of the forums and personal ads page. The previous answer is correct, when you can’t message someone, it’s because they’re new and not authorised yet.

Woody
    Participant
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

I’ve also noticed people’s profiles are like that for weeks. Does it take that long to authorise sometimes?

Rachy J
    Participant
    • Female
    • United Kingdom

I think they don’t get activated until the new member follows the link and logs in to activate.

Titties on Tap
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Missouri

Yes, new members can be seen, but they only have a block function until they are vetted and verified. And RacheyJ is correct, the Welcoming Committee sends the newly registered member an email link to follow to verify their required information in order to become a full member.

If the member doesn’t validate the information through the email link, the process is slowed and the Welcoming Committee has to go back through the process.

Woody
    Participant
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Ok, I understand it now. Thanks

Welshie🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
    Participant
    • Female
    • United Kingdom

Each member also has the choice to accept or reject DM’s from people they’re not friends with. It’s to prevent them being spammed with messages from people they don’t know, so it could be that too.

Corey
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Montana

Makes sense! Thank you all for the replies.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close