Proper flange size

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Proper flange size

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Leslie
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Ohio

So I’ve noticed from some of the puzzles that many women don’t know what a proper flange size looks/feels like. So I wanted to see what women’s thoughts were about this and if they know how to find the proper size. Do you have pain or uncomfortableness when you pump, because you shouldn’t. Thanks for reading

Kat
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Missouri

I am finally using proper inserts in my flanges. I got a standard 24mm flanges (the silicone ones) and put inserts (17mm) inside those.

What works for you?

June
    Participant
    • Female
    • United Kingdom

I’m wondering about flanges. I have a Spectra 2 on loan to me. It has no flanges. Should I be inserting a flange? Or are some pumps meant to be flangeless?

June
    Participant
    • Female
    • United Kingdom

I’m intrigued. How could you tell this just from looking at the puzzles?

Bella
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Maryland

@leslie there have been conversations about flanges but never a discussion on getting a proper fit.
    I’ve learned from postpartum use of breast pumps and through relactation groups. Many women may not know they need to move away from what comes as the standard in the packages. Sadly some ladies weren’t aware pumping parts needed replacing.

Many companies have free printable rulers. Many women inducing have never experienced childbirth or are open to meeting with a lactation consultant. We are a helpful community, possibly share some information to help others in their lactation journey.

Legendairy- Printable nipple ruler

Willow Printable Nipple Ruler

Pumpables- Printable tool

What type of flange do I need?
    This lady shows the different flange styles and inserts. She doesn’t discuss wearable pumps.

Bella
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Maryland

@sweetdarkcanvasuk if you just have the pump itself you will need the flanges, duckbills, tubing and bottles. (If you aren’t producing you can skip the bottles for now.) All of those items together make the pumping system.

June
    Participant
    • Female
    • United Kingdom

Oh, never realised I could skip the bottles! Great. They only got in the way.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close