Pierced nipples for breastfeeding

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Pierced nipples for breastfeeding

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    noel55
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • France

Are pierced nipples a problem for breastfeeding please?

Found the 1. The only one.
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Michigan

I’m not a fan because the studs get in the way. YMMV.

Anonymous
    Inactive

From a suckler’s perspective I’d say that the presence of piercings in a lady’s nipples would make proper latching and suckling potentially uncomfortable and possibly even painful for both, to suckle for any length of time. I think you’d possibly be better off removing the piercings for suckle sessions and then putting them back after although I don’t know whether that would have its own set of issues.

Effervescent1
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • California

The piercings can cause you to leak if you are lactating. Also, more milk will come from the piercing site, which for babies is a concern about then getting too much milk too fast or possibly choking. Not sure if that translates to adults. You should take your jewelry out while nursing and just make sure you and your jewelry are clean before it goes back in. If you are just getting pierced, I would avoid nursing for even longer than the recommended healing period, to avoid irritation or infection.

Effervescent1
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • California

@nips4fun Do you have any firsthand experience?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@effervescent1 – experience with ANR yes, experience with ANR with a partner with pierced nipples no, but I have had dry suckle with a partner with pierced nipples and as the suckler I found it uncomfortable against my palate. It was great for teasing her nipples and keeping them erect, but not ideal for me to suckle her.

From a personal standpoint I much prefer non-pierced nipples but each to their own preferences for sure

Morgan
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male & Female
    • USA
    • Missouri

I had them years ago, and eventually just took them out and let them heal. Pumping was painful and it ruined the experience for me. They became way too sensitive, amd it got to the point where I didn’t even want them touched. I’m sure every body is different, just sharing my limited experience. I DO miss the piercings, because I think they look pretty, but I’m much happier without them.

Karen
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male & Female
    • USA
    • Minnesota

I have one pierced and it has been done for about 18 years so very well healed etc. if you aren’t healed and are lactating the sugar in the milk especially may cause infection.

Jay
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Texas

It is possible to induce with piercings according to https://lactation.wiki/wiki/Piercings_and_Lactation

As a suckler I can do bars in short sessions before my palate feels sore. Any other shape is pretty much out.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close