Pictures disappearing from private messages

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Pictures disappearing from private messages

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Derek
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • United Kingdom

Hello, I believe I’ve seen this discussed in the past but want to raise it.
    When I send a message with picture attachments, that message and photos disappears within 1-2 days.

This has been awkward as sometimes the woman has not seen the message until after the photos are gone, which makes it look like I sent incomplete messages or didn’t follow their request to send photos with an initial introduction. I do believe I have unfortunately missed out on some connections due to this.

Can this be fixed? If photos absolutely must have an expiry to them, can it be lengthened to ensure the recipients have ample time to see them?

Joe
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New Jersey

Michael has it set that way it’s normal

Derek
    Participant
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

I see. I don’t know who Michael is, can we consider changing this?

Again, the situation that keeps happening is:
    1. I message someone, after reading their profile and following their guidelines on what they want to see in a first message
    2. The photos disappear
    3. The person finally sees the messages, or some of them. But the photos are obviously absent and this might be off putting

Gumdrops (ToT)
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Missouri

URL links and photos take up an enormous amount of data space to maintain.

The average upload is posted in a DM for 24 hours.

Keep in mind there is an approximate membership here of approximately 12,000 members all possessing media and most posting pictures. Keeping a picture posted to each persons DM folder would require massive ability to store data.

Grogman 🚀⚡️❄️
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Ohio

Michael is the admin/HMFIC of ABFHeaven.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can store media in either OneDrive or Google Drive, and share a unique URL to one or more pics. The URL can be ‘view only and have an expiration date you set. Use the Share function to generate the URL. Very secure and doesn’t bog down the resources of this site.

Chris
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • California

Yes same thing happens for me. We have no settings to change it.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Hi Derek
    The PM-picture attachments feature was really only ever intended as something to use while “live chatting” , not as a way to send out pictures randomly.
    So as such, a 24 hour auto-delete timer seems appropriate.
    I won’t be changing it, the site cannot handle it.

The issue you describe is, with respect, not a big deal. Simply send a text message to begin with. If they insist on trying to force you to send pictures to them, a total stranger ..yes! A stranger! …without any prior contact, chat, voice chat, etc ..I would suggest they are not worth bothering with and should be avoided. Just my opinion.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I really like this feature, it promotes people to keep chatting and even sharing. Of course when you reach a maturity in a friendship then you can communicate outside of this site; WhatsApp or Telegram for example. ☺️

Anonymous
    Inactive

Will take this opportunity to thank you, Michael, and anyone else who contributes to making this site work. Beautiful job.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close