One-to-one Video Calls … a good idea?

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion One-to-one Video Calls … a good idea?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • United Kingdom

UPDATE: Seems like most users would like the video option on, so that’s now switched on. You can now make video calls between Friends Only.
    You will likely have to permit access to your device’s camera in your browser settings. I did and it works.

////////

I need your feedback please!

– you probably know, if you are Friends with another member then you can make live audio calls with them on ABFheaven. Pretty much like a phone call, it’s free & private. Definitely helps when getting to know someone. And because it’s anonymous & “within the website”, it’s safe. You don’t have to share any external contact info.

– there is also a video call function available. Works exactly the same as the audio calls. Limited to between Friends etc.

– the video function is currently off, always has been. My concern was that it would increase the opportunity for “pestering”. As well as requests for pictures, suddenly there are unwelcome requests for video chat. Annoying.

Please let me know your thoughts on this. Should it be switched on? Or shall we stick with the slightly safer option of audio calls only?

I’d appreciate your comments.

Rusted420
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Ohio

I think it would be a nice option to have available as long as everyone could control who can call them and have the ability to block someone if they get to obnoxious

emcee
    Participant
    • Male
    • Denmark

+1
    agreed. is worth testing, i think!

Nipple Me Please
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Georgia

So, now conciliatory positive messages are being met with indifference and rude behavior?
    I thought this was a site of open honest conversation, evidently, some people think that “hello, just passing through, I hope you have a happy life and successful journey”, is met with “Gross, old”?
    Thank goodness I am old, at least I understand the fine art of conversation, and being positive.
    😊

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Mr NippleMePlease, your comment has nothing to do with this topic. Keep it out.

Jessica 😇😇😇😇😇
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Oregon

Currently to video call someone you have to use an external app. So, it would make that a lot easier

Milkisnice
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Florida

I vote that it should be switched on

Gumdrops (ToT)
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Missouri

I think with the same limiting options currently available that we currently have to minimize irritating obsessed or stalking admirers and preditorial behavior a video call feature would be wonderful.

Jean56
    Participant
    • Male
    • Canada

Yes, it would be a nice feature.

Creech
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Ohio

I agree with above…I think it would be nice

Jay
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Texas

I’d be down to try it/beta test it.

Yogi
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Pennsylvania

I think it’s worth trying.

david
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA

I think adding doesn’t hurt. I think it will only benefit the few that use these advanced features in friends. Since there are more women then men on here. Make it so that only a woman can initiate a video call so doesn’t have to be open to only friends.

What do you think

Janis
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Minnesota

I say yes.

Brawn
    Participant
    • Male
    • Canada

Video calls between friends sounds like a good option to test out. Any unsolicited caller should be blocked and reported.

Does admin have access to video calls or are they encrypted?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close