Method of searching for a partner willing to relocate

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Method of searching for a partner willing to relocate

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

With the thought that it’s quite difficult to find partners in some areas of the country, is there a way that everyone willing to relocate could be searched for or seen somehow? This could open up some possibilities for those who truly have no other way to find a partner. Of course, this approach requires a lot of thought and planning to see it through, but it’s better than just casting about in the dark. This could be just one more thing that helps make this the most usable ANR site on the web. Any thoughts here? Thanks in advance.

Treasure Chest
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Texas

Very few people put this in their profile. Perhaps it could be an optional drop down box?
    I also think that people’s life situations change. They might not have considered it x years ago, but might now. Or, they make a connection that makes relocation sensible when it would have been unheard of without the connection.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • United Kingdom

The search function on this site is pretty basic, to say the least. So there are no “hard wired” ways of finding someone willing to relocate, via the member search.

However, you could simply try a few suitable keywords, which might identify users who have stated their intent in the About Me section of their profile.

Example:

On the Search page, select “Show me … : Female” then try the following words in the “Find Any Word” field…

relocate, re-locate, relocation, re-location, re-locating, travel, moving, etc etc etc

Try a separate search for each keyword.

(Tip: searching once for “reloc” and once for “re-loc” is enough to cover all the multiple-ending variations of those words)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I did try the search with relocate as a keyword…a little disappointing. I would hope there’s more than three women willing to relocate.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • United Kingdom

Try my ” tip” suggestion, might be better

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes…got more results that way…thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close