Men: Enough with the “I wish i lived closer”

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Men: Enough with the “I wish i lived closer”

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Why do men on this website always reply to women ads with “I wish i lived closer”?!?!? If you see an ad and she’s not in your area, move on and don’t waste her time by replying. Imagine a lady who posts an ad and she’s so excited she has a notification and it’s a dude who lives 3000miles away. C’mon guys! You sound needy and desperate which is a huge turn off for women.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you Mike for speaking for us all. That’s like when people say the picksix lottery is 3 million dollars. I don’t have 1number so I can’t play.

According to your logic, no one would play because they don’t have one of the five number.

I totally disagree. People move, people travel, peoples lives.imagine If people only applied to jobs they lived nearby..

My cousin just married her husband he lived in another country. They talked for 4 years and he just moved to the United States in may of 2021.

Always keep your mind and hearts open life may surprise you.

Steve
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Massachusetts

I wish my lady lives closer, and she is only 60 miles away ;( distance does make a huge difference.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Contrast: Wonder how a guy would feel, who posts a personal ad and receives lots of replies from women miles away, all saying how gorgeous he is and oh if only they lived closer!

Annoyance? Turned off by their neediness?

No way … pride, delight and quiet satisfaction would be his reaction.

Steve
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Massachusetts

The problem is we only have 24 hours/day, and there are work, family, kids,etc. that take majority of our time. The time I can devote to my lady per day for the best is couple hours and I’d rather spend the time together physically. I am not against long distance relationship, as long as the goal is to get together eventually. Just my 2 cents.

Treasure Chest
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Texas

If this happened to me I think the replies would be easier to manage than the inbox deluge from accounts that DIDN’T reply but felt prompted to DM.

I do agree with Marcus, sometimes LDR do happen and life will surprise you.

There are different kinds of ads, too. It doesn’t make sense to reply to a drop-in ad if you are several states away. But, for LTR ANR it might make sense to do so.

New in nj
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • New Jersey

I agree with Marcus and Treasure Chest. I don’t mind those posts, especially if there’s potential in the long run. Obviously, there will be guys with the wrong intentions who may lead a woman on but I’ve come across plenty of those men in my area as well.
    And thank you Michael. After reading this post, I wondered how men would receive this same message. I’ve thought it quite often but refrain from sending it for fear of men having the same reaction that most women seem to have.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

New in NJ …I guarantee you most men would quietly carve a notch on their ABF bedpost for every if-only message they get 🤣 …well, maybe half a notch

Nick
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

I agree with Michael.
    It is nice to answer the post which you like and feel special.
    Marcus is right. You never know…
    As Lotto says…you have to in to win…

Grogman 🚀⚡️❄️
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Ohio

I have at times wished that I lived closer or lived in the UK or that fabo land down under. On a couple of occasions we have successfully decided to meet halfway. They were wonderful times. Yeah, it can sound needy. It might also be the impetuous to get closer. One just never knows.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close