Meeting

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not sure how you could expect someone to meet you, I’d you don’t have any idea what they look like. I can understand being in a profession, perhaps political, where you show part of your face or something. But in general, it seems kind of absurd to ask someone to meet you without knowing what they look like.

Nick
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • New York

All or any of the things which you feel safe and comfortable. I don’t have problem talking, sending photos or video chat before meeting. I always respect woman’s wishes. If feel comfortable chatting, I don’t mind meeting someone without exchanging photos, but meeting should be in public place for safety.
    ANR is very intimate and there should not be any excuses to hide identity. Understand if someone don’t want to reveal too much personal information due to safety concerns.

TechieSFBay
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • California

For safety reasons, it’s totally reasonable for a woman to expect a face pic prior to meeting.

Also for safety reasons, it’s totally understandable if a woman isn’t comfortable sharing her pic prior to meeting.

Suckleberry Finn
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Washington state

Oh good question, Sarah! 😀

No pictures, no go! Never meeting, not happening. And doesn’t matter if they are top-shelf breasts. I think many on here have hit the nail on the head with their answers.

Pink
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • New York

I don’t send face pics here. The world is too tiny and I don’t want to risk my
    privacy, which makes me feel safer. I also never ask anyone for a face pic since I won’t send one.
    Plenty of people send them anyway and I don’t reciprocate. Sometimes they understand but more often than not they stop talking to me which I appreciate. If looks are so important to them, better I know sooner what their priorities are since I’m ugly AF. 👹

I’ve met people without pics and we’ve recognized eachother immediately. It’s actually kind of fun.

Corey
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Montana

I have had bad experiences with other dating sites that the woman has shown one profile picture on the website/app, and a completely different one when we chat via text. Or, she refuses to send a current picture of herself when asked even when provided a new picture of myself.

Honesty is also paramount. There are too many liars and phonies out there of both sexes.

Not willing to exchange phone numbers and/or video chat are also wrning signs for me.

Yes, I have been burned with women doing those things.

However, I have finally met someone (on this site) that we had sparks the very first conversation (both of us being sapio-sexual) which lead to the first video chat. We are now talking on video chat or text or phone call every day and we have plans to meet later this month. I am looking forward to it.

We have been open and honest with each other from the very beginning about everything, even telling each other things that no one else knew until long after the relationship was stable to each other on THE FIRST CHAT!

You don’t find that level of connection easily or often. I was truly considering giving up, but there are those on this site who talked me out of it and I am grateful to all of you for doing that!

Perhaps I will write a story about this relationship after we are seeing each other for a while and she consents to it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m down for blanket forts anytime!! Gosh do I miss those!

Anonymous
    Inactive

To Sweet Miss Sarah… I think that No Matter What… The Complete Safety of a Woman should be of Upmost Importance to All who desire to carry on with a relationship with a Woman.

So Miss Sarah… Yes, Your point IS WELL Validated in Every respect…
    You be Well, be Happy and Stay Safe out there… You Deserve it Miss Sarah! I just wish, that once Someone comes across That One Special Someone that just Sparks such an Immense Fire 🔥 in their Heart… that there were second chances to try meeting up again… 😀

Pink
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • New York

I can’t edit my earlier reply….and I think that it’s a little different for men and women on sending pics.

Women generally don’t feel safe out here and seeing the face of someone you might meet can make you feel safer.
    Maybe some women just want to see your face to make sure you’re not hideous but I think overall it’s for a feeling of security. While men, who don’t have to worry about their physical safety as much when it comes to meeting women, more often than not want to see your face to make sure you’re pretty enough.

Nick
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

@milkweed, it’s all about safety and how comfortable you feel.
    Look is relative and depends on person to person. As they say, beauty is in the eyes of beholder.

Dr Sensitive
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • California

Catfishers have no problem providing a photo, and probably a quite attractive one (though some wisely use “average” photos). So a photo is not adequate.

Phone conversations are a better test of realness. “My phone is broken” and other lame excuses (but you can text, eh?) is not uncommon. No phone call = not real!

MyIdealDay
    Participant
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Sarah

Ask for a photo. Definitely!

Definitely! Definitely! Definitely!

If it were not supplied it’d start hearing alarm bells.

And if a photo had been sent, and my Spidey Senses were still tingling, playfully ask for a photo whilst they touch their nose, ear or chin. That usually settles the ‘argument’.

Good luck! 🙂

Bella
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Maryland

I am a true believer of seeing a picture before a meeting. Hopefully, after a good chat and getting to know the person online, they would be open to sharing themselves.

In the truth of it all, pictures are purely about physical connection. Not everyone is attractive and I’ve had people preface their photos before sending. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but to get into an argument about not sharing a pic is a red flag for me. That would kill any feelings that were brought about from the chat. Some people like to hide behind the screen and never have the intention of meeting, but sabotage the meeting by creating a rift.

I also like for people to show an updated pic, not a picture of a picture from 2003 with the time stamp. Then when you get that updated pic its like wowzah… who are you! Always share in real time, share old photos later.

Ms.Spicy 🌶️
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Massachusetts

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for this topic. Pictures are important because the person’s eyes, smile and general persona tell a lot. At the same time, I know that I generally tend to like a person’s picture more once I know and like them as a person. Having an open, warm person on the other side of the conversation is important. It is a bit disheartening that most people a user might meet on this site are far away from them. Distance along with all of the other factors make meeting a partner difficult. I wish everyone the best of luck in being happy. Happiness starts internally and doesn’t depend on finding a partner or nursing, although a nursing partner would be nice thing to have, don’t make searching for them the only reason to be here because that might make the situation more stressful to handle. Enjoy life to the max as life is a present. Cheerio

Just Jay
    Participant
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

I wouldn’t trust anyone who has no photos of themselves to share but they want to meet,

It’s weird because from experience a woman would expect a man to have photos before they meet to gauge some attraction, but some women hate the idea of an exchanging photos with a man who they may potentially want to meet it confuses me.

Because if you wanted to meet, eventually you would like to know who I’m talking too?

Trust is built not found.

If this is you please understand not everyone is your enemy I couldn’t care less what you like I just want to know you exist.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close