Meeting

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Sarah🫀❤️‍🔥🫶🏻🫁💕
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA

Ok This will work for both sexes but my question in this. This is an online dating app or whatever reason you are here looking for correct? Would you meet someone that refuses to show you their face , describe themselves or do anything to make you feel comfortable and safe. The offering of an email or even phone number and our auras will just know each other? I personally won’t meet anyone without talking on the phone! Yes we probably have all been catfished more times than not but a general likeness is a deal breaker? This site is clearly more physical than match or bumble or whatever else is out there.
    If you honestly wanted to meet us it too much to ask for a face photo , time to know someone and talking on the phone? The photo is the needed so I know who I’m looking for at the restaurant. I just want to know your thoughts on this especially the ladies
    Being safe and comfortable is paramount for me!

Lucy
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male & Female
    • United Kingdom

I don’t think any of that is unreasonable. Looks simply don’t matter to me at all but I have always exchanged pictures before meeting because otherwise how do you each know who you’re looking for? I’m not so worried about talking on the telephone but if that’s what you want / need and they don’t comply then the answer is simple, they’re not for you, so move on.

LatchOn15
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Texas

Whenever I connect with someone and it gets to a point where we both would like to meet, I do offer to exchange phone numbers so we can talk on the phone/facetime prior to in setting up an in person meeting. I’d like to do this, for safety and catfishing purposes and just makes me feel more comfortable. You don’t know really know who you are chatting with so it at least helps vet the person.

When chatting I don’t ask for photos, it’s just seems tacky for me to ask. If naturally comes up, we can discuss during normal conversation. But again is we get to the stage of meeting I’d like to see a face pic so I know who I’m looking for.

It’s all about safety and knowing who is on the other side.

James
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Florida

Why would anyone agree to see someone who refuses to show their face pic?

Sarah🫀❤️‍🔥🫶🏻🫁💕
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA

I have used talking on the phone as a screening tool as well. I’m generally a happy person, can find some good in Almost anything. If talking on the phone and the entire conversation, he is negative, complaining about something 25 years ago, about coworkers leaving 10 minutes early on a Friday afternoon…. Hasn’t spoken to their children, parents and siblings in years( yes this has all happened in real life) I know we won’t be a good fit. I can try and cheer you up for awhile but everyday becomes draining on me. You can’t find away to talk to anyone in your family… run… you won’t leave early??? You won’t play in life! I still want to build forts in my living room with blankets and the fireplace! The absolute refusal to make the girl feel comfortable is baffling if this is your best foot forward moment!

✍️Philip❤️‍🔥U♔🦮
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Virginia

I wonder about this to some extent myself. I’m happy to exchange outside contact info if there is a connection developing, but a picture is problemetic in my case. What helps is having someone take the time to describe themselves for me. Verbal conversation beforehand is also a must.

Sarah🫀❤️‍🔥🫶🏻🫁💕
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA

No Philip
    You are an exceptional exception! You talk , interact etc in chat! If asked you would covey a description of yourself and your dog. You are good buddy

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think, and I will have to agree with Miss Sarah’s comments… Her Safety along with EVERY Wonderful Woman on here or any other site for that matter… is of Complete Paramount to their Own Safety…

Yes, chat on the phone, get to know one another… although sometimes even doing that can be problematic for some of us guys and Women out there… The way that a Woman needs And should be made to feel is, Completely Safe and Comfortable around that New person that She’s about to meet…

Nothing feels better than to already “Know” that person that You’ve been chatting with… and meeting for the First time… You at least want to have a Good idea that this particular person is someone who You want to be around and get to know better… And by then, You already know how this person looks and sounds and how they comes across… Safety is Paramount…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Be safe. Whatever you personally need and want to feel safe is valid and good and no one, absolutely no one should make you feel bad about putting your safety first. In fact, that’s a huge red flag right there. For me to feel comfortable with a meeting, I like:
    *Multiple messages on here that give a good sense of chemistry, more than yes/no responses, and show a general interest in a connection beyond just my nipples (no offense to those looking for sex/nursing only, but this isn’t me)
    * Face pics, preferably something recent and casual. If I fear catfishing, I’ll ask for a request like hands or a tat or something specific that doesn’t feel like a stock pic. Someone who says “this is my one and only pic” is a bit of a red flag in the age of camera phones.
    *Chat/Phone/some sort of voice chat prior to meeting. If someone isn’t willing to move off this app at all to other communication, that tells me they aren’t looking for long-term in the same way I am b/c I don’t see a long-term friendship where weeks in we’re still communicating only on this site. A reluctance to voice chat at all tells me the person may not have privacy and honestly is a red flag that they may be in a relationship and not disclosing that fact.
    *Public, outdoor first meeting. If someone balks at public, they are not someone who is prioritizing safety and my comfort. I personally like outdoors and prefer situations where I can bring my dog along. Not a deal breaker but if someone is super picky or wanting only certain locales, that again tells me that they may need a level of secrecy I’m not down for.
    *Public/platonic second meeting. If someone treats meeting one as a 5 minute “looksee” and expects to “Get down to business” on meeting two, that’s another turn-off for me. A willingness to go slow is sexy. Someone who ASKS for a public second meeting or waits for me to invite something more private is someone who values my comfort. If the first meeting leaves you with any sort of ambiguity, by all means, do a second public one before doing anything private. Whatever it takes for you to feel comfortable. It absolutely can take more than one meeting to feel “sparks” or just to get over nerves and judge real, true chemistry.
    *A couple of general tips: Always tell a friend who you trust where you will be and what time you will check in. You don’t have to tell them HOW you met the person if you’re not comfortable discussing ABF, but someone should know your whereabouts. Have your phone fully charged, drive yourself, don’t get into strange cars if you’re not 100% comfortable, and have an exit strategy for if you’re not feeling it or start to get bad vibes. Don’t leave drinks unattended or accept a drink you didn’t watch being made/open/make yourself on first meets especially. Check in with your trusted friend after the meeting and do a “gut check” as to your safety–if there were things that made you less than comfortable, acknowledge that, don’t just gloss over it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

i don’t show my face till we meet … i show full body and like my smile, but not full face … i wish i could, but due to the nature of my job, i can’t

Anonymous
    Inactive

I personally, would never meet someone who refused to show thier face, give me their phone number and with whom I have had several pleasant conversations on the phone with. These are for safety and compatibility reasons. Of course, our first meeting would be somewhere semi public.

Jessa The Magical A cup🐰❤️
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Virginia

Ditto to all of the above. Safety is paramount.

There’s even an option to make a phone call or video call on this site which is amazing.

Joe
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New Jersey

No I would not. In fact I’d prefer to live chat weather Skype or zoom.

Sarah🫀❤️‍🔥🫶🏻🫁💕
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA

Pink Milkmaid Wow thank you.
    Men you guys are awesome. At least parts of your face and is visible.
    I honestly do understand why some people can’t because of location, jobs, political, government or I am sure something else! That makes complete sense to me! You are willing to work one on one with the other person so they feel comfortable and would actually know it was you.
    I am sure because this site is different than vanilla sites , we all need to know a little bit about who we are meeting.
    I appreciate All of you lovely comments, suggestions and feedback on this matter.
    I know how to date in a vanilla world… clearly not well ( thank you heaven, or I would have missed my truest self) it seems like this is slightly different and I need to feel comfortable and that’s ok. Thank you for validating my feelings. This community is great 😊

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve met a couple of ladies on here who were keen to meet for coffee but weren’t willing to share any pictures, face or otherwise. I politely refused to meet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close