Incoming message “pop up” will be turned off

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Incoming message “pop up” will be turned off

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • United Kingdom

Some users sending me feedback, confirming what I already suspected: the “pop up” box you should get on-screen when you receive a live private message is – basically – a pain in the arse.

– it doesn’t always work, it’s erratic.
    – it interferes with what you are doing. For example, if you are in the middle of responding to another message, then this pop-up can really be a problem, especially on phone screens.
    – it’s annoying for women users to get these popping up constantly when they visit the site.

So, these pop-ups will be turned off for everyone. It’s not possible (yet) to give users the option to individually choose on/off for themself. So they are off, for all users.

LondonMan
    Participant
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

I quite enjoyed the rush of endorphins when hearing that popup once in a blue moon 🙁

Grogman 🚀⚡️❄️
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Ohio

Well shoot! I kind of liked getting said “pop” when on here. If in the future we could opt for this message notification tool, I’d opt for it.
    Until then, I’ll purse my lips and make a popping sound whenever there’s a message in the queue. 😜😂🤣🤪

Participant
    • Female
    • Rep. of Ireland

Oh I liked it. Also if i had a couple of browsers opened I’d still hear the pop and flick back over to abfheaven to read the message.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Hi juicy, as far as I know, the audible “pop” sound should still play to indicate a new private message … it’s just the small pop-up notification box which is disabled.

Participant
    • Female
    • Rep. of Ireland

Yes Michael I’m still getting the sound so I’m happy lol

Grogman 🚀⚡️❄️
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Ohio

@juicyboobies We live to make you happy oh Queen of the Emerald Isles. 😜😂🤣😂🤣🤗😜

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close