Important personal safety and privacy tip

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Important personal safety and privacy tip

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

A friend has pointed out to me that some photos can contain Metadata in the background that you may not be aware of. This information included very specific location information. I did learn that by going into the camera settings on my phone, I could disable the location tagging. I highly recommend that everyone, especially women do this for your self as well 🤗

ADMIN UPDATE : Until this issue is resolved, it has become necessary to take the following temporary measures…

– All Media on user profiles is inaccessible, you can not upload or view any pictures etc.
    – Picture attachments with PMs is suspended, you can not send pictures privately.
    – All pictures sent in the last day have been auto-deleted, immediately.

We take user’s security & safety very seriously on ABFheaven, once this issue is resolved (soon) then all will be back to normal.

The Milk Machine
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Virginia

+1 to this ladies

Ken
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA

I wipe all location information from what I post by bringing up the photograph on my screen, scraping the part of the photograph I want to post off of the screen, and then posting the scraped bit which has zero location information.

I hope this helps someone do it for themselves.

Agent Rose
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Oregon

Hi Jessica

I am working with Michael on putting in place code to strip out the Metadata on upload. I have this working on the dev site. We are doing some testing now.

Then working with him to come up with a plan to strip the Metadata en masse from all loaded in images on the site.

In the meantime, everyone, please disable location settings on your phone camera or scrub them on a laptop prior to upload.

Sleepy
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Wisconsin

Thank you, Rose!

The Milk Machine
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Virginia

thank you rose!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you, 🌹 Rose!

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

ADMIN UPDATE : Until this issue is resolved, it has become necessary to take the following temporary measures…

– All Media on user profiles is inaccessible, you can not upload or view any pictures etc.
    – Picture attachments with PMs is suspended, you can not send pictures privately.
    – All pictures sent in the last day have been auto-deleted, immediately.

We take user’s security & safety very seriously on ABFheaven, once this issue is resolved (soon) then all will be back to normal.

Anonymous
    Inactive

🤗🤗🤗
    Thank you Rose and Michael for keeping us all safe

Grogman 🚀⚡️❄️
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Ohio

Thanks guys. I didn’t know that was happening.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have now download an app to erase Metadata from my photos. Even though this site will have those protections in when Rose and Michael are done, other stores and applications will not have the same protections

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would also recommend that people do not take pictures that show their license plate or street signs in the back ground.

It would be unlikely that the system would be able strip this from the pics without a powerfull AI.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just disable your Lication when taking pics.

The Milk Machine
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Virginia

Steve yes there are lots of things you should do…. but there is a risk with everything….

Anonymous
    Inactive

I asked ChatGPT and it said you can use Photo Exif Editor or Photo Metadata Remover (Android), or Exif Metadata (iPhone) to purge your pictures prior to upload. If you’re using a PC, it would probably be best to just edit them with the built-in software there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close