I have a quick question for the ones who own this website.

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion I have a quick question for the ones who own this website.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • Netherlands

Why are there only maps for the US and UK? I know that there are probably not many people in Europe, but I think that a lot of people would appreciate it if there was a map for Europe. And possibly other regions/continents too?

James
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Florida

This is a question for Michael_Admin as the owner and manager of this site.
    In my experience on this site, I have not found a use for the map. Using the Search Members at the top of this page you can do a search within your country or a neighboring country. I did a search in the Netherlands and found only 3 women who may be looking for a man. I don’t see how a map will help.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Hi Rick

James is pretty much correct, the map started out as an idea to provide a simple “area search” function, but ultimately turned out to be kinda useless. Very few people correctly add themself to their map so it’s almost pointless using the maps to locate potential partners. The USA is covered pretty well by using a state search. The UK is really small enough not to need a “closest to me” search function. Same for the Netherlands, another small country.

I really should have removed those crappy maps by now! They should be replaced at some point by a more hi-tech Google-map type of idea.

Until then, visit the map pages and chuckle and think to yourself “There’s another 12 hours of Michael’s life he’s never gonna get back” 🤣

James
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Florida

I don’t see how the maps were ever functional as an area search since the area number is not visible in anyone’s profile, and the Search Members feature does not have a space for map numbers.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

James, the map search box is on the map page itself. It’s not necessary for users to physically see the map number on another user’s profile page, the search function can see it. In any case, if you are looking at someone’s profile, you don’t need to worry about their map number. You’ve already found them.

James
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Florida

I just tried that search by map number on the map page. I searched for females in the Tampa, Orlando, and Atlanta areas. All 3 are large population areas, but Tampa and Orlando have no females listed, and Atlanta only one listed.
    As you said, few people added themselves to the map. I guess it could have been helpful if everyone added themselves to their map number.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close