Face Pics and Anonymity

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Face Pics and Anonymity

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Sean
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Pennsylvania

So I’ve been thinking about using a picture of my full face as my profile picture and also adding similar photos that show my face to my profile.

When I first made an account on this site website, I saw that most of the profiles either didn’t show their face or had an avatar, and I followed suit with mine.

Some reasons I’m thinking about doing this is are:

-I have nothing to hide in regards to my physical appearance
    -The quality of my matches will go up since I’d stand out as a face among avatars
    -personally, mutual physical attraction is important to me so this would allow potential matches to easily decide weather I’m their type or not.

Some hesitations I have are:
    -ABF/ANR is not looked at in the best light by some people, if the wrong person were to find my profile it may cause me IRL problems(such as a coworker or a extended family member who loves drama)
    -Possible harassment via using google reverse image search and fining my regular social media profiles(I’m sure this is the reason why some women do not display their face in their profiles)

However I’m thinking this is unlikely since in order for someone I know IRL to find me on here they would either A: also be similarly interested in ABF/ANR or B: really have an agenda against me since a simple google search of me would display a million other things before my profile here.

Am I missing anything? To those you use or don’t use your face pictures, why or why not?

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Consider:

– using Private Message attachment, it’s very simple to send a face pic privately. You get to choose when & exactly who sees it.
    – even though only logged-in users can visit your profile page and view your profile picture (the round one) there, that pic is often visible on the front page as it passes through the Recent Site Visitors list, and it is always visible here in the forum if you post anything or comment. That means visible to the whole world. Be aware of this if you decide to show your full face.

Sean
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Pennsylvania

Ahh I see, so not quite as hidden as I thought, def something I didn’t consider. Got it, thanks for sharing 🙏

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have several face pictures in my media section of my profile that are set to friends only.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have no problem showing my face because the way I see it, if someone sees it then they’re looking at the same stuff I am so what’s the harm. Plus I hope that it makes anyone I’m talking to on here feel at ease because they know who they’re talking to ina way.

Karamel Latte
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • United Kingdom

Sean you have a great pic up already which is much better than just using the standard avatar. I would save your face pic for friends or send it to potential partners.

Sean
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Pennsylvania

The mixed options on it kinda make me cautious of posting it as my profile. Thanks for the insights. I guess for now I’ll play it safe and send them directly if I’m comfortable with the person and consider putting them friend only under media.

daisy
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • California

I’ve found having my pictures in the media section of my profile is convenient and encourages people to at least go to my profile and hopefully read it. it also let’s people put a face to the profile and decide if they want to talk to me to begin with. I’m fine with my avatar, who can resist a sexy unibrow star after all.

Nickchrome
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

Sean, you’re going to get a LOT of different opinions on this. Your concerns about you being “discovered” irl are very valid and one of the reasons I don’t have a face pic. I think Michaels info and Karamel Latte’s opinion are spot on as is your final decision. Think it’s the best option and what I do.
    No knock at all on people who choose to post their pics as Daisy has. That unibrow is very sexy though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ive had the same concerns as well, hence my eye photo on my profile. I do have a pic in my media tho that friends can view so they know what I look like when chatting. I think that works well.

Nickchrome
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

TXnativelove, that seems like a good solution as well. And is EVERYTHING REALLY bigger in Texas? LOL.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close